Wheel Hub on Rear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: asand1
Not after a hub. If you were disturbing the suspension or steering (tie rods, control arms, or struts) then yes.

Well did you see video on how to change hub assembelly on 02 Accord?
You have to remove tie rod and upper and lower ball joint.. Looks a job...

Perhaps the video I was looking was not for a 02 Accord.

However I think my fronts are fine..

I should of ordered 2 of the rears and just did them both.

So what do you think of the Centric Brand and the 23$ price with shipping?

Does Centric make junk parts???

Also here is a 2001 Accord and its front and look all the stuff you have to remove

here video you have to remove the whole control arm and remove upper ball join and lower..
just look at what a job.. Im sure I can do this but, I hate spending 79$ or i can find 49$ deals somtimes for a 4 wheel alignment

I THINK you need a 4 wheel alignment after all that ???

What you think?

Last edited:
ARE YOU DOING THE FRONT OR THE REAR?
According to your thread title you are doing the rear, and the video is clearly for the front.

The rear should not require removing the knuckle, or spindle, from the car.

Removing the FRONT knuckle from the car and replacing the bearing would require alignment.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: David1
I take it after you do the fronts you need a 4 wheel alignment ?

My apologies, you did specify front. Its hard to keep track of a topic that bounces around so much, and I was just waking up.

ARE YOU DOING THE FRONT OR THE REAR?
According to your thread title you are doing the rear, and the video is clearly for the front.

The rear should not require removing the knuckle, or spindle, from the car.

Removing the FRONT knuckle from the car and replacing the bearing would require alignment.

Im doing the Rear.

I was just asking about the FRONTs

I take it after you do the fronts you need a 4 wheel alignment ?

My apologies, you did specify front. Its hard to keep track of a topic that bounces around so much, and I was just waking up.

No problem.

Actualy Im doing 1 hub on rear on passenger side.

Now my question was is when you do the fronts I take it you need a 4 wheel alighment after.

I would think so when you have to remove so much stuff like Tie Rods and Upper ball Join and Lower Ball Joint.

I dunno why Honda would make the Fronts so difficult and the rear so easy.

Originally Posted By: Char Baby
For $30, I don't think that you're going to get the quality of the hub bearing that you have on the car right now!

But, for $30 it may be worth buying and slapping on but, don't throw that other one away just yet! Maybe it itself can be professionally opened up & repacked!

I ordered the Centric... Now I know Centric makes some good parts like there brake line of parts.

What do you think of the Centric?

Also it was 23$ with free shipping...

Also remember this car has 190K miles on it and anything can happen...

On the 2nd Ford Bronco II that I owned the truck overheated and blew the head gaskets so I had to get the head gaskets replaced and I went and the whole heads replaced....

It cost me 900$...

2 weeks later I got in a SERIOUS ACCIDENT that total the truck.

If the Honda had say 100K miles or even 120K miles I might put the best part on..
but with nearly 200K miles... I mean does it really matter? Its not that hard of a job.

Perhaps when the fonts need to be changed I might put a better brand but I doubt it.

The more expensive / better part is not going to make the car drive any better then the cheaper one????

Originally Posted By: Char Baby
For $30, I don't think that you're going to get the quality of the hub bearing that you have on the car right now!

But, for $30 it may be worth buying and slapping on but, don't throw that other one away just yet! Maybe it itself can be professionally opened up & repacked!

I ordered the Centric... Now I know Centric makes some good parts like there brake line of parts.

What do you think of the Centric?

Also it was 23$ with free shipping...
The more expensive / better part is not going to make the car drive any better then the cheaper one????

David1,

You are looking for some affirmation of your $23 purchase, but I don't think you're going to get what you're looking for on BITOG. You could try searching on a Honda specific forum, for example on Google:

site:www.hondaaccordforum.com centric rear bearing or hub -"hubcentric" -"hub-centric"

The exclusions (minus quoted terms) are necessary because of a loosely related term. You can change the forum name as necessary.

No, but it might cost you less in the long run (yes, the more expensive one). I'd say that the likelihood of the cheaper one failing and you having to do the job again is a good bit higher on the cheaper one vs. the more expensive one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back