What's up (down!) with diesel prices in NM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A year ago diesel was 80+ cents HIGHER than regular. Some stations were close to a buck more. Now diesel is close to the price of regular and even a bit cheaper at times.

This is so dramatic I wonder if any one can explain it, or if prices have changed much in your area.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ammolab
A year ago diesel was 80+ cents HIGHER than regular. Some stations were close to a buck more. Now diesel is close to the price of regular and even a bit cheaper at times.

This is so dramatic I wonder if any one can explain it, or if prices have changed much in your area.

Yeah it's going down in my area too, it's like 2.32 a gallon.

Summer diesel use is less than winter as it is very similar in composition to heating oil.
Gasoline refinery is having issues in Chicago, supply ripple effect.
Oil companies decide where they get their margins.

Take any or all of these reasons.

No one can explain the oil/gas company BSing that happens all day, every day, every week, every year, every decade. They're full of [censored] and no one can do anything about it while we're dependent on fossil fuels.

And you know a viable alternative to oil fuels that provides anywhere near the same results at a near or lower value? At least on the scale of fuel use that is required to keep things going?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back