What's in your grease gun???

IR 590 - Valvoline Palladium
Lincoln 1134 - Valvoline Cerulean
40 year old lever - Mystik JT6 Hi-Temp

When the Mystik is used up I may try a tube of Deere Polyurea.

Mystik JT-6 hi temp in the one I use for universial joints and Super Tech moly for the tie rod ends and ball joints. Giving serious thought to switching to M1 when they run out.

Deere SD Polyurea (non-clay) high temp/extreme pressure grease, its the only kind my wife will let me buy hehe

Green Grease-I bought too many when it was on sale several years ago. I use the SynPower with Moly but, it is in the can. Use the green grease b/c I have too much. The SynPower is used on Auto applications and the Green grease for general applications.

I just purchased a new grease gun from Walmart today. I didn't need anything fancy since I will probably be using it every 2-3 months. My car only has 2 grease fittings on the ball joints.

I've got SuperTech Moly grease in it. It was the only tube that mentioned ball joints on the back.

My all around favorite is Valvoline Synpower. It is a robust lithium complex grease with a synthetic base oil, all the additives and about 4% moly. I use it in everything and it works great.
I have also been checking out CRC Sta-lube New Generation wheel bearing grease. It seems great too, a good value, especially if you don't want the moly.
I have a 3 oz size grease gun for the lawn mower and chain saw, stuff like that. It is filled with super tech multi-purpose lithium.

Last edited:
Just emptied out valvoline Synpower last week, put a Valvoline Durablend cartridge in. Have 3 more synpowers on my shelf.
the other gun has lucas red & tacky. it'll probably drip itself empty vs. me using it. I use it strictly for lubing garage door hinges, the wheel barrel, lawnmower wheels and my 6wheel push cart. In essence, nothing critical.
I bought into their marketing hype 8 years ago.. big mistake!

My Plews gun from WalMart has Valvoline DuraBlend in it. My only grease fitting is my Pathfinder's driveshaft. None of my family's cars have any grease fittings, so one tube lasts a long time. I'll probably switch to Synpower when this tube runs out. The service manual for my PF specifies lithium grease with moly for the driveshaft.

Gun 1: Mystik JT-6 Hi-Temp L/C #2-Universals and Wheel Bearings
2: Chevron Delo L/C #2 (GC-LB)-Same usages as above
3: Mobil 1 Synthetic (general lubrication)
4: Amsoil #2 Synthetic 3% Moly (specified tractor/implement fittings and automotive/truck ball joints and/or king pins)

Originally Posted By: EricF
Just emptied out valvoline Synpower last week, put a Valvoline Durablend cartridge in. Have 3 more synpowers on my shelf.
the other gun has lucas red & tacky. it'll probably drip itself empty vs. me using it. I use it strictly for lubing garage door hinges, the wheel barrel, lawnmower wheels and my 6wheel push cart. In essence, nothing critical.
I bought into their marketing hype 8 years ago.. big mistake!

Which grease are you referring to when you say it will drip out, The Synpower or Lucas? I have noticed my Synpower dripping more than usual lately, but it is still what I consider to be a normal amount. I have never tried Lucas products and don't intend to.

Used Mobil 1 for 10 years. Will use the rest on u-joints. The other gun has green grease in it. For whatever reason the green grease is what works for me and that's what I used the last time I greased my front end and installed new wheel bearings.

I'll use the green grease from here on out although I have heard so many good things about Schaeffers that I could possibly switch to it in the future.

For now, it's green grease on everything.

Back