What're you Element/CRV/Pilot owners using mostly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use M1 in my wife's Honda Element with great results. Just curious as to what other Element/CRV/Pilot owners are using and are you happy with results?

Our Neighbours have a CRV and use whatever cheap bulk oil they can find and they have over 160,000 Miles on it and it runs great and passes the SMOG tests with flying colours.

Originally Posted By: Johnny
I have two Elements and use Pennzoil Platinum 5W-20 in both of them.
That's 'cos you're biased...
LOL.gif
Just Kiddin' Johnny.

I used MC 5W-20 in my mom's Pilot while she had it under lease. Ran it with Supertech filters for 5k OCIs and had zero trouble.

MC syn blend 5-20 in a Cr-v and a Civic. Best bang for the buck.

Last edited:
Other than the fact I have a lot of stashed oil, Motorcraft would be worth considering. Our old CRV has seen every 30 weight oil under the Sun. Usually it gets whatever closeout oil I get, usually a SemiBlend. My new Honda 2.4 gets synth oil from my ~main~ stash, oldest to newest. Both cars are actually currently on SL oils, DuraBlend and Mobil 1 0w-30.

When I bought my CR-V new in '02, I went straight to M1 5W30 for the first few changes since I couldn't find 5W20. I then went to M1 0W20 and 5W20 depending on availability. After becoming a bitog cheapskate oil stasher, she gets whatever I feel like. Usually either Supertech 5W30 or old SJ or SL Pennzoil Synth 10W30 from the stash.

Mom's 1999 CRV used whatever dino bulk oil was used at a quick oil change place (and some mystery filter) when I could not do the oil change. The OCI was 3000 miles. I used 10w30 Castrol or Pennzoil and a Fram. The OCI was also 3000 miles. Mom totalled it at 40K miles, so I don't know how long the engine would have lasted.

That in mind, I have seen many Honda engines last for ages this way.

Thanks for the inout guys. I would never use Fram filters. Mine has always seen M1 5w-20 and M1 filters with good effect. Thanks for the input though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back