What will Carmax do with my car?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it looks like the car ended up in Missouri at an auction.

It was: 2001 Buick Regal LS

Problem was: bad transmission. Over the course of a week, it went from being reluctant to shift under acceleration to not shifting at all under acceleration. When I drove it to Carmax to sell it I could not get it to go over 35 in D; manually shifting it would result in free revving in anything but first.

It also had worn out struts, a coolant leak (manifold gasket), and an oil burning problem that was progressively getting worse. Also AC didn't work, fan didn't work, 3 of 4 windows didn't roll down, trunk release didn't work, windshield washer fluid squirters only worked on passenger side.... it was time to move on.

The real insult to injury? It had 73,000 miles on it.

Don't know, but my guess is they may auction if off. I thought they specialize in newer rides. One thing I discovered some years back is that if you can't find a private party buyer for a used car, try CarMax. They were the only ones actually willing to pay me true wholesale for my Chrysler Sebring, which was almost like-new, while a half-dozen small used auto lots I tried wouldn't match them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back