What oil should I try?

Most of you folks know I help the less fortunate friends and family of mine. I sold the 2 5quart jugs of EDGE 0w40. Nothing left oil wise to use in the 09’ Camry LE, 2AZ-FE engine of mine. Will be going to Wal Mart near gf’s place in morning to choose a oil. Thinking of Edge 5w20, Magnatec 5w20 or even Super Tech 5w20 Syn r whatever they label it. What would you folks choose? Wide open to suggestions. Car now has zero oil consumption, 90/10 highway to city driving and I don’t speed (go over speed limit).

Thank You all 🇺🇸🇨🇦😊

Any of those sound good but might want to check their website first to see what they have in stock at that location. I went there last week and the oil shelf was terrible, everything was totally unorganized and looked like people just put the items back on the shelf wherever it fit. You should be able to find something that will work but might not be exactly what you're looking for.

Out of your choices I've used Edge but it was a long time ago and in the gold bottle, I do have Magnatec but haven't used it but have read a lot of good things about it and I don't have any experience with ST oil, I've bought their 30w to use in the mower but haven't used it, same with their motorcycle oil.

I told my friend about the Chevron 6 qt boxes and he texted me today and bought the last one at the store near his house and that the oil aisle had boxes sitting around and you couldn't hardly move to get anything and that there were no employees cleaning it up.

Last edited:
I've been really happy with Maggie. QSFS too. Those are my two "go-to's".
Really....
Ain't you the same guy who got slapped for being a sell out???

rocky-and-bullwinkle-bullwinkle.gif

I would keep a open mind and not be set on a couple of brands since you don’t know what the shelves will be like.

How about Valvoline Advanced Full Synthetic? I see it is on rollback at $22.xx.

Back