What is your air filter change interval?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Originally Posted By: rrounds
I find it funny that some will run their oil 10k+ miles but by God they will change that air filter every year even if it means they are putting more dirt in the engine. Old habits "ARE HARD" to break.

So true.

Ditto. I'm weaning myself of this habit. I have one car with 60K on the air filter. Runs fine. I check it every now and then and it still looks good.

I don't subscribe to the philosophy of "cheap insurance." A person could easily go broke following all the "cheap insurance" advice on this board. I subscribe to the "informed decision" philosophy from the good advice on this board.

I just change em when I think about it. I guess thats about once a year or 12-13k. Next time I think about it im going to remind myself not to.

I go by the MM on my Honda Fit. It's usually by the third oil change when maintenance code 2 pops. That's about 25-30,000 miles

I get bored and swap mine usually once a year, likely about 18,000 miles. Because its cheap! During summer I put in a Spectre air filter. Similar to K&N. During winter I put the OEM filter back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back