What happens if you dont renew registration every year?

Safety inspection only on trailers that gross more than 7,500 pounds in Texas.

From TxDMV....
Registration is required for all non-farm trailers operating on public highways.

Depends on the law enforcement in the area, Some officers are sticklers for traffic law enforcement.
I'm not sure if there are safety inspections for the larger trailers here in MO. The largest one we have is a 24 ft aluminum stock trailer. I'm not sure what it weighs but I think it weighs more than 7,500 lbs but we don't have to have it inspected and it also has permanent tags.

Here in OH one only needs a weight slip to register a trailer-it just goes down as “homemade”. Maine has permanent trailer plates, even for out of state residents & businesses.
I wonder how many people weigh something different and then turn that weight in. Lol

I called the dmv. They didn't seem to know what I was talking about. I'm in texas and I would think more people would know about this if we had permanent plates. Unless they're wrong?

I called the dmv. They didn't seem to know what I was talking about. I'm in texas and I would think more people would know about this if we had permanent plates. Unless they're wrong?
I would say that if the DMV doesn't know then you don't have permanent plates. The last time I registered our trailers which I don't know how many years ago that was, they gave us a white sticker with a "P" on it to signify permanent plates.

I would say that if the DMV doesn't know then you don't have permanent plates. The last time I registered our trailers which I don't know how many years ago that was, they gave us a white sticker with a "P" on it to signify permanent plates.
My boat trailer needs a safety inspection and I asked the guy at the inspection station about it and he didn't know anything about them either, so I'd imagine texas doesn't have them. Everyone says this state is so great, but I have no idea why.....seems pretty close to California to me.

LMGTFY ...

I put in "Texas trailer registration law" into my search engine; here's what I saw:

The top return:
The DMV has clear instructions as to what applies, what to do, etc.

And this was the second return from the exact same search words ...
The State statutes tell you what must happen, and if you know how to read statutory code, you can also find the penalties for violations.

Often, if you do not register a vehicle as required, there can be penalties for late registrations, sometimes even including paying back registration for previous years (to some limit).

Every state is a bit different. It's always best to search and read the official DMV/BMV and state ".gov" statues if you want to separate the bovine manure from the real-deal.

Rather than ask a BITOGer what might happen to you, why not seek the right information from the official sources???

Back