What features have gone away (that you would like to keep)

I like simple cars. My 2015 Accord is pretty simple: no heated seats, no power seats, no nav system, a pretty minimal dashboard display system.
I pesonally kind of miss the days of the '90s when you could get manual crank windows, no automatic climate control, no automatic headlights, no automatic wipers.
Really, the only modern technology Id want is bluetooth, so that I can connect my phone and listen to podcasts, audiobooks and stream music. Other than that, give me the new equivalent of a '95 Ford F-150 and Im happy.

Direct injection, CVT, and 4 catalytic converters are not the manufacturer's choice. Gotta look at what (who) is driving these decisions.

● Get rid of ALL screens in the vehicle

● Knobs for air temperature, direction, and fan speed....3 knobs

● The option to have no options.

● Manual transmission, cruise, A/C, and power locks would be the ideal combo

● A key, a real metal key
The government didnt mandate CVTs. :rolleyes: The Japanese manufacturers went to CVTs because, especially for in-town driving, theyre the most efficient. Theres a reason why snowmobiles have used CVT transmissions for 70 years.

I like simple cars. My 2015 Accord is pretty simple: no heated seats, no power seats, no nav system, a pretty minimal dashboard display system.
I pesonally kind of miss the days of the '90s when you could get manual crank windows, no automatic climate control, no automatic headlights, no automatic wipers.
Really, the only modern technology Id want is bluetooth, so that I can connect my phone and listen to podcasts, audiobooks and stream music. Other than that, give me the new equivalent of a '95 Ford F-150 and Im happy.
Those are things that hardly ever break.

The government didnt mandate CVTs. :rolleyes: The Japanese manufacturers went to CVTs because, especially for in-town driving, theyre the most efficient. Theres a reason why snowmobiles have used CVT transmissions for 70 years.
No the government didn't. But car manufacturers use them to help meet CAFE standards, not by public demand.

I love in 6 months of winter Maine, I have a few snowmobiles. They are not cars.... constant torque is needed or else you sink in a sled. Oh and a sled is reeeeaaallllyyy good if it gets to 15k miles. Not what I want in a car. I'd prefer gears, not metal to metal friction and hydraulic pressure.

Call me John Davis, but I'm a sucker for full (real live) instrumentation
It doesn't have to be a stepper motor/needle, but I want a live view of the coolant temperature
Gimme that oil pressure gauge and volt meter 🤌
A real live boost/vacuum gauge on forced induction applications
The blue 🌡️light Honda uses infuriates me

HD Radio should be standard even though it kinda sucks, also bring back proper diversity antenna setups that give really good reception

Headunits should still adopt Double DIN esque sizing for future updating

Gatekeeping express up/down windows to different trim levels is petty, and unnecessary

Some automakers are really penny pinching things like Homelink, sunglass holders, auto dimming mirrors, lights on the vanity mirrors, dampers on the glove box door 😯

I live in the northeast, I need a spare, stop charging me $450 FOR A DONUT 😟

Phone free navigation screen.

All the android and CarPlay options are buggy and suck.

Worse my phone is mediocre at best in the place I actually need it.

The ability to “look around “ an area quickly works much better on the built in nav screen than having to potentially need to access the phone because it insists on a tore up road or accident

Back