what do you say to someone who is getting a divorce?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell them that you are sorry to hear the bad news, but hopefully they work things out.

That way you don't take sides and you stay the H*** out of their business.
smile.gif
I'm the youngest of 5 kids and I NEVER stick my nose where it doesn't belong.
As a brother....sometimes the less you know, the better. I have a sister that likes to think she is Dr Phil and is always giving her unsolicited advice.
rolleyes.gif

my sister and her husband of 18 years are getting divorced. she told me on the phone and i didnt know what to say. i just kind of froze up on the phone. i awalys thought they were the ideal pair. they live on carrera lane and also have a porsche carrera. how much more idllic can you get? their neighbors have carreras too. i guess its been brewing for a while because people dont just divorce on a whim, so they have kept their troubles a secret because no one knew about it.
so what do you say so someone in this situation? i dont want to pick sides or anything, but i also want to show my support. whatever i think of seems like the wrong thing to say.

quote:

what do you say to someone who is getting a divorce?

Just tell them not to be in rush to get hooked up again and to keep their wits. I hope it's an equal split and not someone doing someone a nasty financial twist.

I pray no kids are in the mix. That's the worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back