What do you guys do when it rains?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Corvette Owner
Well, my Corvette is kept in a garage and NEVER driven in the rain (they melt being fiberglass you know).

You can use a California Duster on a car to remove rain spots (Know this on my other cars).

Really!!! Calif Duster removes rain spots
33.gif

I wash my vehicles once a week (or bi-weekly depending on the weather and where I've been driving) and use and instant detailer inbetween washes to keep them looking great!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Astro14
Originally Posted By: IndyIan
Originally Posted By: alwayson

Rewash the car?

confused.gif

Rewash?
laugh.gif
rainfall counts as washing for me!
Actually next time it rains, if I've got the time, I'll take the car out onto the highway to wash the salt out underneath.

Me too... well, that and I came to find out how little good all that washing and waxing really does for the paint. And how harmful it *can* be when overdone. Especially the waxing. So long as the dirt on the car isn't bird poop or bugs, I don't worry about getting it off right away.

Indylan, you and gathermewool must have one of those things that precludes obsessive car-washing...

What was that called again?

Hmm...

A job? Family?

Something like that...

I forget....

In the Miami area you get passing showers about 4 times a day everyday of the week..I just wash the car once a wek and wax it every few months..Generally I will dumped on by the showers before I get back home after I washed it.

I used to wash my rides all the time, sometimes up to 3 times a week. With all the upkeep on the house, yard, work, hobbies, and wife, I find I don't have time to work on washing anymore. Now, as I've gotten older, I might wash them every month or up to 3-4 months.

However, every 6 months, I wash, claybar, compound (if needed), and layer on Collinite 476s topped with 845, polish the glass/lenses/lights, slap a layer of RainX on the windows, clean it out, etc.

I try to time these things for April/October, when it isn't too hot. March and November are usual maintenance months for me. It's nice to have a schedule.

Originally Posted By: alwayson

Rewash the car?

NO i turn on the windshield wipers!!! lol

If it rains and I havent driven then I do nothing. If it rains and I have driven in it I usually just hose off the [censored] that has been thrown on it. I always at least spray off the underside everytime I do a full wash.

Once it stops raining (hah - thought you had me) I go over it with a waterless wash like Opti-clean. Spray on, wipe off and voila it's clean again.

The car dusters work well. I washed my wife's truck on Sunday, spent this morning picking off little furry tree seeds then used a FlyLady duster to get the spots off.

I never get the chance to clean a car up right, so when I do, I want it to last awhile. So yes, I do use the duster my wife uses on the dining room table on her truck's hood. Knowing our kids and their messes, the truck is probably cleaner than the table anyway.

It doesn't rain too much here in san diego, but when it does I wash the truck within the next few days, including spraying it underneath with an adjustable spray wand from costco. You can angle the tip 90 degrees to spray straight up as you slide it around underneath... Then I spray all the pivot points and electrical contacts with wd40. If the engine got dirty, I clean it too.

Well, I have one car I don't drive if rain or snow is predicted. For a while it was well over a year before it saw a rain drop or a washing. Just dust it off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back