What do the autozone workers think about GC buyers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by pscholte:
Their special powers extend only to the point it gets into the Autozone distribution system...Autozone made them sign an agreement....said they didn't want any "strange occurences"...go figure
dunno.gif

WOW! That makes absolutely no sense....i wonder what the date of that contract was...MAYBE the contract was signed before the 05 batch was sent out...and the 05 batch is DIFFERENT that the original cuz it is a "bogus" shipment. You know, sent some fake stuff thru first to see if its er, misappropriated.

That would explain the difference....
pat.gif

darrell
sin city

Well i picked up 12 more quarts of GC Sunday for future use. They had some in the racks but i wanted to get it in the case if possible, so i asked at the counter. A middle aged guy (i'm not knocking middle age, i am there myself) with a tag that identified him as "management team" mumbled, "Why would anyone want to use a 0W-30 oil, thats a winter oil" when i asked if they had any 0W-30 in the case.

What 99.9% of the Autozone employees think? I dont have a clue, and frankly my dear, i dont....well, you know the rest...

Just IMHO, YMMV
darrell
sin city

LVH....RN,

I picked up 3 cases of 05 Green yesterday. I knew from a previous trip where to find them....behind the rack in the back of the store...they were there alright.
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

The clerk said something similar to me: "You know it's just going to warm up after you put that in".

quote:

Originally posted by T-Keith:
The clerk said something similar to me: "You know it's just going to warm up after you put that in".

I'd love to teach the world to sing....

With my apologies to Abba

Can you hear my voice Fernando?
It doesn't matter where a 30 wt begins.
Even if it starts at 0
It's still a 30 wt when it reaches the top end
So even if its warm it's fine to put GC in your crankcase

There was something in the bright sunlight
Yes, the sun was bright...Fernando
Yes it got awfully warm, warm enough to storm...
Fernando
Still we used the zee dub thirty weight without regret
And it was super great that thirty weight...Fernando

quote:

LVH....RN,

I picked up 3 cases of 05 Green yesterday. I knew from a previous trip where to find them....behind the rack in the back of the store...they were there alright.
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Holy cow, how many quarts do you have now? A billion?
grin.gif

I had to part with 6 of mine this morning, my dad is going to be changing his oil this week. So my stash is down to 79 liters.

quote:

Originally posted by Patman:

quote:

LVH....RN,

grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Holy cow, how many quarts do you have now? A billion?
grin.gif

I had to part with 6 of mine this morning, my dad is going to be changing his oil this week. So my stash is down to 79 liters.

um-m-m, not quite a billion...211
grin.gif

I am still looking to give a golden Elvish star to the first person who gets a bottle of the Gold that states 229.5 approval!!!
worshippy.gif

I just recently went on my first GC hunt.

I was asked twice, by customers, if I could point them in the direction of various items. I obliged as best I could.

I guess the bottles of Castrol pulled out and sorted on the floor, with the determined individual crouching over them, gave the impression that I was an employee.

AutoZone employees and oil knowledge....lemme see....
OK the local AutoZone here pulled all the 0-XX stuff of all brands off the shelf. Why? They said it was a winter only oil. Nuff said.

quote:

Originally posted by sgtgeek:
AutoZone employees and oil knowledge....lemme see....
OK the local AutoZone here pulled all the 0-XX stuff of all brands off the shelf. Why? They said it was a winter only oil. Nuff said.

You mean it's not?
wink.gif
 -
 -

All they know is that I buy often and in "quantity." I think that is all they care about.

By the way, AZ is having a promotion; you get a free $20 Az gift card if you make five purchases of $20 or more before 30 November. You can probably figure out that shouldn't be too tough for me.
grin.gif

Well, I actually educated (not neccessarily a good idea as it may threaten my supply of GC) the local AZ guys, but only at one store. I opened a bottle that was leaking and showed to them that it was green and showed them it was made in Germany unlike the yellow lable 0w-30. I told them about BITOG etc. The one guy was very interested and even called the manager back. He seemed somewhat less interested and acted like he wanted the other guy to get back to stocking or whatever.
But generally people around here are like why are you using such a thin oil or we don't sell much of that.

Just say you are on undercover assignment for P.Scholte Elf Corp when the employees give your dirty looks.

quote:

Originally posted by moribundman:
Just say you are on undercover assignment for P.Scholte Elf Corp when the employees give your dirty looks.

cool.gif
pssssst...just look straight ahead, not at me...your assignment (which I know you will accept) is to go behind the oil rack, see if there are any cases of GC, determine which batches they are and report back to me...if someone sees you start looking at the M1 EP (no one would ever believe you would take any of THAT!
wink.gif
) this post will self destruct in 13 years, 4 months and 2.1775 days

After an explanation of why I was so intent on buying only GC the AZ employees thought I was destined for a white straight jacket and a padded room. One comment was made that Mobile 1 will be the ONLY oil he would ever consider using.
rolleyes.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back