What can be done to clean up college sports?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: tdpark
All institutions, schools, military, companies, and governments have corruption no matter what and it is due to the human factor. No instituition is immune to it because people are involved.

What a lame excuse. Because covering up a crime like these (especially child molestation) will get you not only fired, but jailed, in most of these institutions.

Originally Posted By: Burt
Originally Posted By: Al
Example:
Joe Blow injured himself in college football so he can't be a dock worker. Instead he could be behind a desk designing rockets.

Interesting comment that you are expected to donate a knee joint or vertebrae for your education.

Somehow I don't think that very many college football players are rocket scientists.

I've never played but I think alot of positions need quite a bit of brain power to figure out on the fly what they should do given the play around them. Also when I was in university there was a lineman in our dorm doing a 4 year engineering degree in 3 years!

Burt Interesting comment that you are expected to donate a knee joint or vertebrae for your education. Somehow I don't think that very many college football players are rocket scientists. [/quote said:
Well, first of all if they are injured to the extent that they need a knee replacement or some other serious injury..its taken care of and they will continue to get their scholarship.

I think a scenario such as yours is as rare as hens teeth and the civil suit option is always open. Lets be realistic here.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Remove the big money incentive and it all goes away.

I'd remove "all" with "much" or "some", and I'd agree with you. There's not much money in grade school or high school sports, yet there's corruption, scandal and cheating all the way down to t-ball and grade school basketball... I've been around organized sports my entire life, and if there's one thing I've learned, it's where there's competition, there's lying, cheating and corruption. Where there's a lot of money at stake, there's even more of it going on...

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
This however has absolutely nothing to do with the creep at penn state buggering young boys. He's simply a sexual predator, the fact that he was a coach was incidental.

Yes and no. His position of high authority at Penn State gave him access and protection he never would have had otherwise. If McLeary stumbled across a junior Sociology Professor pulling that move in the shower, he'd have been arrested the same day. So, I think his position of power is pretty relevant.

Quote:
There's not much money in grade school or high school sports, yet there's corruption, scandal and cheating all the way down to t-ball and grade school basketball... I've been around organized sports my entire life, and if there's one thing I've learned, it's where there's competition, there's lying, cheating and corruption. Where there's a lot of money at stake, there's even more of it going on...

Neighbor's wife up the street got involved in the PTA at her kids school. Started going through the books and there was virtually no accounting of where all the money was going. She tried to make changes but there was great opposition to it. She got out because it simply wasn't worth the headache and legal exposure.

Originally Posted By: Tempest

Neighbor's wife up the street got involved in the PTA at her kids school. Started going through the books and there was virtually no accounting of where all the money was going. She tried to make changes but there was great opposition to it. She got out because it simply wasn't worth the headache and legal exposure.

Wow, can you imagine how difficult it would be to check the books of the banksters ?

Originally Posted By: Tempest
Quote:
There's not much money in grade school or high school sports, yet there's corruption, scandal and cheating all the way down to t-ball and grade school basketball... I've been around organized sports my entire life, and if there's one thing I've learned, it's where there's competition, there's lying, cheating and corruption. Where there's a lot of money at stake, there's even more of it going on...

She need to call the police and the media if there is corruption going on.

Originally Posted By: PandaBear

Quote:

She need to call the police and the media if there is corruption going on.

When the banksters are violating the law and stealing taxpayer money the police and media are busy covering for the criminals. LOL

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back