What brand of oil filter do you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by talkinghorse:
I see many of you use Baldwin filters. I've used AMSOIL filters for many years with seemingly good results. Which national retailer carries Baldwin? Anyone using them on a Nissan Maxima?

I went to www.baldwinfilters.com and did a search on my zip code. Found two truck supply places within 5 miles that carried them. The other option is mail order at www.adiesel.com.

OEM all the way. I get motorcraft(Ford) and AC(GM vehcles) at discount stores. The rest i get from the dealers at fairly reasonable prices. The one exception is my Dodge Neon, I get Purolator filters for it at a farm supply store for about 3 dollars each, the OEM are about 8 bucks each. I realize the OEM filters are nearly all made by other companies, but they are the ones that are recommended and approved by the OEMs.

quote:

Originally posted by JohnnyO:
cool.gif
I'm pretty set in my ways on oil but my current plan is to try different filters on my wife's Grand Am since she puts on miles faster than I do, and get UOA's with each filter. K&N, Mobil 1, NAPA Gold, Purolator Pure ONE, all seem good. AC for hers, Motorcraft for my truck too.

Great plan. I look forward to seeing the numbers. We have too many opinions here, and too little data to base them on. Also how about a PF47/PF52 comparison if that is what you are using?

Ford Motorcraft FL1A- 1993 Mustang LX 5.0
Ford Motorcraft FL400S - 1990 ford Taurus
OEM Honda - 1998 Civic Hatchback

The motorcrafts go for $2.67 at Walmart!!!!
OEM honda filters are 3.50 each when I buy ten.

gr_eek2.gif

quote:

mrhonda...

All of my 1344's have the ORANGE adbv; I think the filters with the black one are old stock...

What do you run for oil...?

Well, if I'm the only one in the area buying these things, it's going to be a long, long time till they get into new stock. Maybe I'll order both a 1333 & a 1344 next time and take whichever one is orange?

Right now I'm running GC. I'll be switching to Delvac 1 in the spring.

Napa Gold 1522's but might be switching to AC Delco UPF 44's because I hear they flow and filter extreemly well.

mrhonda...

I think the 1344 lists a bunch of forklifts and a Ford Courier (what...?) as its applications... so, indeed, it might be awhile for new stock...!

shocked.gif
grin.gif

quote:

Originally posted by labman:
Also how about a PF47/PF52 comparison if that is what you are using?

cool.gif
Her car is a 4 cyl and uses a PF-44. I looked at a PF-52 but the thread size looked different. I have a Mobil 1 filter on it now but I bought a K&N that will go on soon with a fresh dose of M1 5W-30. The rattle at start-up with the AC vanished with the M1 filter.
dunno.gif

The 92 Grand Am HO Quad 4 I had called for the PF 47. Towards the end, I was using the larger PF 52. Bigger has to be better, right? So much of what we do here is just guessing. Again I look forward to some real data.

I use a SuperTech on both my 383 LT1 and my 4.0L Jeep motor. I am very happy with ood oil pressure keeps the bearing were they belong when that 383 is wrapping 7000 rpms and sanpping 475+ hp at the crank.
grin.gif

NAPA Gold or WIX on the 01 T/A, 02 Suburban
Motorcraft FL820S on the 4.6 SOHC T-Bird
AC Delco Ultraguard Gold UPF 52 on the 96 Corvette.
Other than that I would also use Purolator or SuperTech

I'm currently using SuperTech 3950 on my '87 Mitsubishi Pickup and SuperTech 2827 on my '99 Nissan GXE. I have also used Hastings on these vehicles. It just seems to me the ST is a good value for the money.

quote:

Originally posted by boxcartommie22:
fleetguard with stratapore= 18 bucks

For what? I buy the Fleetguard Stratapore LF3894 filters for my Cummins for $8.75.

On my gasser I have not settled on a filter yet. I have been using Supertechs but I will probably go to Wix or AC Delco.

I've use Nissan's 15208-9E000, Mobil 1 M110, and about 2 months ago I stalled a K&N HP1010(w/QS synthetic 10-30 A3-98 rated) for my SE-R.

offtopic.gif
I'm going back to Mobil 1 5-30, although I really want to try Delvac 1 if I can find it here in Dallas.
cheers.gif
grin.gif
patriot.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back