What are you paying for your internet connection?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: eljefino
$15 thru TWC for 2/1 budget internet.

If I keep it up longer than a month, I then qualify for one-year lock-in promo rates for something faster. But the 2/1 actually works okay.

Same here, and I bought my own modem, so no rental fee.

For those of you paying high rates for slow internet, you should consider getting a mobile 4G LTE plan instead. AT&T DSL is pretty sad; 4G LTE is actually faster for many people. As long as you don't download several movies or play first-person shooter games, 4G LTE is a good alternative

I think wireless data is probably the future anyway. Our grandkids won't be using wire-based broadband.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
$15 thru TWC for 2/1 budget internet.

If I keep it up longer than a month, I then qualify for one-year lock-in promo rates for something faster. But the 2/1 actually works okay.

HD netflix doesn't seem to work along with HD youtube ... but I am not complaining for what I pay!

Originally Posted By: HardbodyLoyalist
Originally Posted By: stranger706
$40 for 10/1 DSL through Centurylink.

That's interesting. I pay $73 for the same service from the same provider. I have no other options because I live in a rural area.

I have my own modem (no rental fee) and I have first year discount.

Originally Posted By: xfactor9
For those of you paying high rates for slow internet, you should consider getting a mobile 4G LTE plan instead. AT&T DSL is pretty sad; 4G LTE is actually faster for many people. As long as you don't download several movies or play first-person shooter games, 4G LTE is a good alternative

I think wireless data is probably the future anyway. Our grandkids won't be using wire-based broadband.

While slow wired DSL is not the best wireless LTE is EXPENSIVE
in the end because of caps, and of course even those systems can be easily overloaded , and reliability is NOT the best in many areas the signals vary even when you are using the device in the same location from time to time and day to day. I can definitely say that my DSL has NEVER had an outage in all the years that I have had it, you usually can't say that about any wireless service.

I pay $125 / month.
I get 1gbit up/down, no caps.
This is for gig internet and TV (all channels except add-on packages).
Google fiber!

Fastest speed test was 660Mbit down/600Mbit up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back