Wet Paint Glaze - Any feedback/experiences?

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.wetpaintglaze.com/index.html

Getting curious about this product...(can apply without washing??)
(Video at bottom of page)

b.jpg

Last edited:
I read about this product on here about 5 or 6 years ago and have used it ever since. I think it is a great product. I use it on a car that is already clean. You can use it on a dirty car but it is a lot more work and the results are not as good.

I have used it since 2004. It is the best (and first) of its kind being around for 20+ years. When I first used it I started a thread about it on an Accord Forum which is still going now after 6 + years and 68 pages. If you go to the gallery on the WP site you will see a picture of my Accord hood done by hand with WP. It will indeed clean & protect a dirty (not muddy) car without marring but using more product is required than on a clean surface....common sense.

Shine & protection from a single application will remain for 6 months under ideal conditions, about 4 months for a non garaged daily driver. I highly recommend it, enough so that I began buying by the case some years ago.

If you wish PM me and I'll answer any questions you may have. There are a few simple do's and dont's that make things easier.

Never used Wet Paint Glaze. It may be a good product, but I can't imagine rubbing this stuff on a dirty car. I never apply any polishing product unless it's on a clean surface.

Just my observations on using the product and not to bad mouth it in any way. I bought product this summer while in MN where it is made. Works very much the way product video on website shows. Sprayer well made and sprays product evenly on rag or car surface. Shine much like any other polish/wax. Nothing more or less.

I agree with mikiee that I would only use it on a clean surface or in my case, a slightly dusty surface. Rubbing on a dirty car makes little sense except as explained by the product video. My major concern with using it was overspray. Spraying the polish directly on to the car surface can place liquid into areas such as between the hood/fender or trunk lid/fender. You would have to open and clean before it dries. Also not good on plastic trim for the same reason. I had some overspray that has dried on trim and it is hard to get off. (Will not come off by wiping with clean rag) This whole problem may be solved by just spraying on towel, but still a hassle. No data on how long it lasts as I use a wide variety of products. I used it on a clean black 1992 Dodge Steath that I own and the rag showed no pickup of old black paint, so it appears to not have cleaners mixed into the formula I prefer something like Duragloss 101 that I can apply all over the car without concern about seeing dried white goop in cracks, on trim, and edges resulting in a surface that is cleaned of old paint and a nice shine. I would use Wet Paint Glaze on a clear car to use it up, but would not at this point buy another container.

Yeah if I ever use it, it will be on a clean surface.

Is the Duragloss 101 a spray?

RTexasF: I will probably PM you with questions - Thanks !
smile.gif

97tbird...Duragloss 101 is a liquid, applied with a pad. Easy on, easy off. Mild cleaner and nice shine. No white residue. Once again, Wet Paint Glaze rates OK with me, just not my favorite for ease of use. Put it on the list of items to use (very fair price) and see how you like it.

It is a liquid but applied by a hand pumped sprayer. A pad is NOT used, a terrycloth towel is. All one needs do is to read the directions.....there are areas it is not intended for. Any textured plastic is just one example. Spraying a pink liquid into cracks between say, fender and door, should be an obvious no no to anyone. If you spray it in there you must be able to get it out (DUH). There is nothing simpler to use providing a little common sense is in play, apparently foreign to some.

Don't want it in the crevices around a door handle? Then don't spray it there!!! Use the already saturated towel to wipe the product in that area. Textured black plastic beneath the windshield wipers? Don't use it there at all! Exterior windows, wheels, (steel or alloy), NON textured plastic, trim? Yes! I use it as much in the house as I do on the car. It's so simple that it hurts but some make problems where they don't exist.

Watch the video at the bottom of the WP site....it's just that simple.
Read the directions on the package.
Use common sense.

Here's an example of the "mild" cleaners on my own car.......

WPexample-1.jpg

No marring whatsoever but about 30% more than normal was used.
PM me if you want the facts from six years of user knowledge and extensive research. I used it on our own cars for a year before ever putting it on a customer's car.

My impression is that Wet Paint is a good cleaner for the surface also. It really does clean, shine and protect. Its very good for cleaning the wheels and leaves a coating that makes them very easy to clean when washing the car. I've not had trouble getting off, even comes off plastic trim if you remove it before it dries. When my car is very clean I'll sometimes use a "one towel" approach, using it very sparingly and on and off with the same towel.

Originally Posted By: RTexasF
I have used it since 2004. It is the best (and first) of its kind being around for 20+ years. When I first used it I started a thread about it on an Accord Forum which is still going now after 6 + years and 68 pages. If you go to the gallery on the WP site you will see a picture of my Accord hood done by hand with WP. It will indeed clean & protect a dirty (not muddy) car without marring but using more product is required than on a clean surface....common sense.

Shine & protection from a single application will remain for 6 months under ideal conditions, about 4 months for a non garaged daily driver. I highly recommend it, enough so that I began buying by the case some years ago.

If you wish PM me and I'll answer any questions you may have. There are a few simple do's and dont's that make things easier.

What happened to using Menzerna?

Quote:
What happened to using Menzerna?

Two different animals. Menzerna (Intensive Care, Final polish, etc.) are machine applied polishes only. Their job is to perfect the finish by removing marks/marring/swirls and prepare it for sealant or wax.

Wet Paint is an all in one waterless wash, surface cleaner, and sealant that leaves a brilliant shine and protection. It is for the folks that want a great looking finish with a minimum of products and hassle in a very short time.

When I first read about Wet Paint here, it was mentioned that people in the Porsche Club were recommending it. I'm sure that they are pretty particular about their cars. Overall, I like it better than any product I've used.

I also have the Griots product and it works well as do several others I have purchased. None work as well as Wet Paint so far in my testing......for what that is worth.

In my testing over the years there's no need for two. Either one by itself will do the job but I have found WP to be the superior product. Just my take by looking at the finish once done. I also have some Chemical Guys "ONE" that has since changed names and gone to a totally new brand but is the same thing. It worked extremely well but not quite as good as WP. It did smell better and was very close to the original. The look was better with WP, in my eyes anyway. Yes, I am indeed a fan of Wet Paint and admit it up front. Several products are close but none,in my testing over 5 years, quite match the look and longevity. Take that for what you think it is worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back