Kamikaze Cleansing

I ended up purchasing Kamikaze Cleansing. This is a new (and possible game changer) product that Todd C. over at Esoteric has been praising. The only true way to remove a sealant or coating is by polishing. There is no paint prep/APC strong enough to truly strip a surface prior to applying a new product. This product may be ideal for those that don't want to polish prior to applying a new LSP or those that like to test/try different products but want to remove any existing wax, sealant or coating. It is new technology per Kamikaze.

Being Can Coat is just about dead and I've been topping it with Wet Coat and Ech20, I will use this come fall before reapplying Can Coat Evo rather than spend 9 hours polishing the truck.

IMG_5064.jpg

IMG_5063.jpeg

More meaningless buzzwords on that bottle than in Ulta and Sephora combined.
True, but it works.

Todd demonstrated it. He had a recently coated car that was beading like crazy and this completely destroyed it and it become hydrophilic.

Here is Brian's video:

Maybe the bottle is just bad engrish translation?
they do seem to have an excessive collection of "buzzwords"
for a cleaner product.

I'll be trying it soon to see how well it works.

Last edited:
It was very easy to use. I used a mf coating applicator as that was all I had on hand. After washing with Descale, while the surface was wet, I applied two nickel size drops to the applicator. I then applied it using a cross hatch pattern over a 2x2 area. The only area it struggled a bit was the tailgate where Can Coat was going strong.

I give this product a 8.5/10. Worked very well. Areas went flat. I even washed it after to make sure it wasn't leaving something behind to mask it. I think for enthusiasts that want to try different products and don't feel like polishing this is a great product.

Paint is extremely clean. Unfortunately, I ran out of daylight, so I wasn't able to coat it. I will do an ONR wash this weekend, followed by Gyeon Prep then coat it.

IMG_5120.jpeg
IMG_5119.jpeg

Just did a morning visual inspection of the paint after using Kamikaze Cleansing. It looks incredible. Looks like it was just polished. Extremely clean.

Per website:

"This creates a sharp reflection after treatment and a "lightly polished" look to the paint film that cannot be achieved with standard stain removal or oil removal processes."

"Improvement of the reflection of the painted surface and smoothing of the surface of the paint film."

Yesterday I coated the front end of my ML with TEC580 ceramic coating. It was really easy. Only other ceramic coating I used was Black Diamond ceramic coating which was not easy, especially on a dark car. But it did last several years before I traded the car.
According to some pro detailers, the Tec 580 has a lot of "carrier" which allows it to set up slowly. You have to wait several minutes and then wipe lightly. I. believe it will last a long time because I use the TEC 582 after every wash.Inexpensive and easy to use for non pros to give your vehicle a ceramic coating.

Yesterday I coated the front end of my ML with TEC580 ceramic coating. It was really easy. Only other ceramic coating I used was Black Diamond ceramic coating which was not easy, especially on a dark car. But it did last several years before I traded the car.
According to some pro detailers, the Tec 580 has a lot of "carrier" which allows it to set up slowly. You have to wait several minutes and then wipe lightly. I. believe it will last a long time because I use the TEC 582 after every wash.Inexpensive and easy to use for non pros to give your vehicle a ceramic coating.
Good choice. Nice combination. TEC 582 can also be used as a spray/rinse sealant like Wet Coat etc. if you dilute it a bit. Very versatile product.

I ended up going with Cquartz Lite for not reason just to try being I liked CC a lot. I applied it Friday afternoon. 75F. Was easy. I did end up with a few minor high spots. I was doing it in the driveway. Came out great though. Based on how well Can Coat held up with the routine Reset washes, I think I'll go two years with this combination. I'm glad I used the Kamikaze Cleansing. It really did leave a more glass like appearance to the paint compared to a deep clean decon wash. That stood out to me. It also saved me time. For a daily driver where you don't want to polish, need perfect paint and just want something better than a deep clean I think it's a good product.

Last edited:
This product is interesting. I believe but have no evidence other than scent, consistency, description, etc. that it’s very similar to Fireball Wax Off. I bet they both come from TAC or Binder in South Korea since Kamikaze doesn’t make their own chemicals. I bought the Fireball Wax Off because it was easier to get and Kamikaze marketing is ridiculous, but I’ve heard the Kamikaze version is stronger.

These work mechanically for the most part and have abrasives in them so be careful with what you use it on and how much pressure you use. Great if you don’t want to polish before coating but if you are polishing it’s not helpful except on areas you may not be able to hit.

Last edited:
Back