We got some hail last night. All kinds of damage to houses and vehicles.

@alarmguy
good idea especially if you don't have a garage or get caught away from home, this is the season for hail and bad storms.
We recently moved to the Carolina Coast. Im a bit concerned about those once in a great while storms here. We have a two car garage but doubt we could ever get more than one car in there. It's a "modern" built two car = small. So between our stuff and motorcycle the SUV will most likely always be outside or maybe the cheaper car might makes sense.

342698892_585904930181285_7790803644722977143_n.jpg
Near Schleswig by chance?

Sometimes there can be really great deals on new car lots after an event like that.
It was very common back in the day when I lived in Wichita. A lot of them could be taken out with a really hot summer day and somebody who had expertise working with dry ice to pop a lot of the bubbles out.

had that happen here south of Pittsburgh Pa about a month ago...so many houses where the roofs and siding were damaged not to mention cars ...I was spared, my cars are in the garage and no damaged to my house or roof. a month later and the roofing /siding crews are still at it

One of the local news reports. https://www.ketv.com/article/fremont-county-iowa-sees-worst-of-wednesdays-severe-weather/43649785

Texted with Granddaughter this AM. She has the Subaru at school again today, so I have not seen the car yet.
Says it has hail damage but no windows busted out. Same with her old Ford Explorer sitting at my house.

Told me the hood has a couple pretty good dents, then more minor ones.

I don't live in Malvern where the news clip was shot. Not too far away though.

Hail is a PITA. Had our house banged up in one storm, over $40k in damage twenty years ago. Insurance was good to deal with though. Our trees took a beating too, a lot of trees in town didn't survive the following winter. Our Olds 98 was totalled in another hail storm a couple years earlier, which was a shame because it was in great condition.

Last edited:
Hail is kind of rare around here, but when it happens, it comes on really quick. So far I’ve been lucky, and thank goodness for my garage. 🤞

One of the local news reports. https://www.ketv.com/article/fremont-county-iowa-sees-worst-of-wednesdays-severe-weather/43649785

Texted with Granddaughter this AM. She has the Subaru at school again today, so I have not seen the car yet.
Says it has hail damage but no windows busted out. Same with her old Ford Explorer sitting at my house.

Told me the hood has a couple pretty good dents, then more minor ones.

I don't live in Malvern where the news clip was shot. Not too far away though.

Usually when someone says a few dents, there’s 10x that or more when you really look it over. Clean it and pull it under some gas station canopy or garage out of the direct sun and you’ll probably be shocked.

Usually when someone says a few dents, there’s 10x that or more when you really look it over. Clean it and pull it under some gas station canopy or garage out of the direct sun and you’ll probably be shocked.
Granddaughter brought the car over today and dropped off my drug store order before school. Got to see it for the 1st time.

She had just washed the car. Much less damage than expected. All damage was on the hood for some reason, very minimal.
Not worth turning into insurance with a $500 deductible.

Decided we both could live with it as is. I'm sure a decent PDR could have them good in little time.
Will wait until the next hail and get my $ worth!;)

As mentioned there are groups of teams that chase these storms and set up shop. Some do a large dealership some hope for full retail customers work.

The dealers have lots of cars to but get a cut of the payout

Cant keep a d@mn*d thing nice these days. So wife goes to store before grandkids arrived yesterday. While she was gone we have one of the traditional "southern style frog strangler" massive / street flooding 15 minute rain storms that comes down so fast it can outrun the street drains. So she gets home and tells me the big story about everyone in the grocery store all waiting , trapped in store after check out due to not wanting to get drowned to reach parked cars. She tells me they were all watching in awe at shopping carts zooming across the parking lot and slamming in to people's cars and trucks but she made it out of there ok.
Strange as first thing this morning I walk into garage and there is a fist sized dent on fender above the driver's side tire! UGH!!! Well it could be a lot worse. No paint damage and I think it will pop out fine. Just another PIA to deal with since I cant do anything these days.
In the past when I could I would already be under the car and popping the dent out like I have done to some cars where she has taken similar dings or the son's Jeep she backed into 2-3 times until he moved out years ago. Always some __it!!! I guess it I should be thankful it was not caught in the hail storm.

Back