Watching people run over the curb...Good times!

This curb is on the out bound lane at the weinerschnitzel near my work. Cars run over it all day long as there isnt a hand rail or anything to show where its at.

One would not expect a curve leaving the drive through .

So far 3/5 cars have hit it.

Yes I'm easily entertained.

IMG_20240507_122849503.jpg

Looks like a poorly designed parking lot, should not narrow like that (for no reason?)... not saying that I'd run over it though, not damaging my tires is of high importance to me so I watch out for curbs (also due to a few poorly designed ones with the sharp 90' angles on narrow lanes) but likewise, I prefer tires with taller sidewalls than the status quo because I don't normally need a vehicle to corner like it's on rails. :)

There's a Home Depot in Rock Hill SC with a Zaxby's over off to the side of it a bit and a coupe of other restaurants on the the side opposite of Zaxby's. The entrance is so poorly constructed that semis can't hit it going in without running the curb. The mud hole on the other side of the curb was foot deep last time I looked.

Just looked on Maps to see if the satellite image would show it, it looks like they might have filled it in with concrete, but that mud hole was there for a couple of decades.

We have a walmart with an infamous pole.

I know what causes it, drivers turn left in a decreasing radius trying to avoid pedestrians and the pole remains hidden behind their A-pillars. If the drivers would stay right like they're supposed to and not get impatient they'd be fine.

Or a rock...

Funny...years ago I lived on the outside of a 90 degree corner in the road. Now this is a paved residential street with a 25 mph speed limit, but at least once a year I would get my mailbox taken out by someone overcooking the corner. And...surprise, surprise, nobody ever stuck around to fess up to the deed. Anyways, I finally got sick of re-burying my mailbox, so I bought a huge ceramic planter pot and set the post in it with solid concrete. Guessing it ended up being a couple hundred pounds of solid mess up your car if you hit me. Anyways oddly enough, nobody ever hit my mailbox for the remainder of the time I lived there.

One of my O'Reilly's has a tight lot. You can't square up to a parking space in a truck longer than a RCSB without driving over the curb, so now I do it very deliberately. It's either that or park diagonally taking two spaces

Baja Rock aka "Rick the Rock" is a bit of a local legend. Baja Rock.

Even has it's own Facebook page apparently.

I used make a stop there occasionally when I was still commuting, and have witnessed a couple of victims awaiting rescue.

Last edited:
Back