WARNING! Prestone Platinum CONCENTRATE May be mislabeled.

Be sure and test your anti-freeze before you install it.
The two one gallon containers that I purchased from Walmart proved to be unusable after specified amount of water was added. Freeze temperature measured 0 deg. F. A sample was put in 0 deg. freezer and sure enough it froze.
If it had not been tested with a Prestone temp. testing gage, the engine would be in danger of cracking as ice froze in cold weather.
It's possible that containers were mislabeled and product was actually pre-mix, not Concentrated. Haven't been able to make contact with Prestone.
Third picture shows freeze level after distilled water was added

IMG_0453.jpeg

IMG_0449.jpeg

IMG_0455.jpeg

Last edited:
Concentrated 100% AF will freeze between 0 and -5F.

If it was really 50/50 premix, freeze point would/should be ~-34F

Last edited:
Concentrated 100% AF will freeze between 0 and -5F.

If it was really 50/50 premix, freeze point would/should be ~-34F

I think you missed this part of the OP's post.

Be sure and test your anti-freeze before you install it.
The two one gallon containers that I purchased from Walmart proved to be unusable after specified amount of water was added. Freeze temperature measured 0 deg. F. A sample was put in 0 deg. freezer and sure enough it froze.
If it had not been tested with a Prestone temp. testing gage, the engine would be in danger of cracking as ice froze in cold weather.
It's possible that containers were mislabeled and product was actually pre-mix, not Concentrated. Haven't been able to make contact with Prestone

Drop a note off to Prestone and explain the situation. At the very least, they owe you a refund.

yikes.. I'm not a fan of ultracompatible with every known coolant type.
but it defnitely says mix .78GAL of water to get a 56% antifreeze solution

sent 2 notes and 2 phone calls. No replies yet. It's beginning to look like that are ignoring the problem.

Back