War in Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: dave1251

Technically you are living on the ancestral lands of my ethnic people. Does this give me the right to bring an armed mob to your house and subject you to my rule as I see fit? I will answer this for you. No.

So lets see, instead of having Russia interfering with military assets, you are willing to let US government interests do the exact same thing in a stealthy way?
That is hypocrisy.

If there really was the possibility of a legit referendum among the entire country of Ukraine the east and western halves would each go their own way perhaps they should become separate countries. Seems to be divided by the river, the western half wants to align with the the US, and the west, while the eastern half wants to be aligned with Russia.

Last edited:
Guys, I really think we should ease up on the personal attacks. This thread has already wiped itself with the RSP rule. Let's make at least some attempt to preserve civility.

Originally Posted By: antiqueshell
If there really was the possibility of a legit referendum among the entire country of Ukraine the east and western halves would each go their own way perhaps they should become separate countries.

Why should Ukraine be split up? Do the majority of Ukrainians agree to split their country?
If then this is an viable solution. If not then the "New Russian" citizens have the ability to live in Russia. I am sure Ukrainians would be happy and willing for "New Russians" to migrate to Russia and may even help them pack. I am sure Russians will be happy to welcome "New Russians". I am certain Russians in general will not be so welcoming of Ukrainian citizens living in a New Russia.

Originally Posted By: d00df00d
Guys, I really think we should ease up on the personal attacks. This thread has already wiped itself with the RSP rule. Let's make at least some attempt to preserve civility.

Civlity with someone who is, at best, a bigot and anti-semite, and probably a neo-nazi? That goes way beyond "agree to disagree" in my book.

I guess I can't speak for you, but I don't see bad behavior as an invitation to join in.

I guess I can't speak for you, but I don't see bad behavior as an invitation to join in.

Edmund Burke had it right:

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

I find it interesting you find an equivalency between overt bigotry and calling someone out on it.

With that in mind, you certainly can't speak for me.

Originally Posted By: SlipperyPete

I find it interesting you find an equivalency between overt bigotry and calling someone out on it.

With that in mind, you certainly can't speak for me.

D00df00d has a point. We can certainly call the behavior into question without attacking the person. Though I find the blame the Jews nonsense or racial purity repugnant.

I know some people got vacations for the nonsense. I know some of the nonsense got deleted. So we must watch ourselves.

This should of been locked at the first wiff of political nonsense. But it wasn't. But having said that, it does not mean open season on anyone.

Last edited:
I believe that I have stated this to antiqueshell before. I do not agree his views and I believe his statements are very low. This being said I believe he has the right to express his little thoughts I respect this right.

I respect my right to let him know I find his views to be deplorable and the conspiracy stuff can be fun in moderation but moderation is not practiced.

So, let me get this straight. You think:

1. You are a good man;
2. antiqueshell's posts on an Internet forum are a form of evil that must be fought; and
3. Writing nasty responses to him is a valid form of fighting evil.

You also seem to be implying that vitriol is better than simply ignoring him after it's clear that no one else takes him seriously.

Is that really what you're saying here?

That is precisely what I'm saying. I thought I was clear enough not to leave any question. I disagree with your assessment that calling him exactly what he is amounts to nastiness or vitriol. He should stop waddling and quaking if he doesn't to be called a duck. If you find me calling him on the ignorant, despicable things he posts more offensive than his drivel, that's your problem.

I agree with you 100% SlipperyPete. Some choose to remain silent. And others decide that they need to say something.

I personally was shocked by the stuff that antiqueshell was saying, but I figured the moderators would take care of it. When somebody starts bringing up the ancestry of a country's leaders I start wondering about something like that. Obviously the ancestry has nothing to do with whether that person was a good leader or not and in addition if the person is not even in power any more what does it matter at all.

That is precisely what I'm saying. I thought I was clear enough not to leave any question. I disagree with your assessment that calling him exactly what he is amounts to nastiness or vitriol. He should stop waddling and quaking if he doesn't to be called a duck.

Well, at least you're honest about it.

Let me know when you win your epic battle against the supreme evil of idiotic posts on the Internet.

duty_calls.png

So maybe I missed it.... or it just got mixed in with all the noise...

Exactly what is Russia trying to accomplish here? In what way do they stand to gain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back