Walmart Canada - Why only FRAM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Kruse
Originally Posted By: KevGuy
Does anybody know why Walmart in Canada only has FRAM oil filters? Seems in the US they have more brands to choose from.

Right after you joined BITOG, I mentioned that you were probably a big Fram lover because a Canuck doesn't have a big filter selection and you probably liked Fram because you just didn't know any better. You got all over my case and said that you had just as much of a filter selection as the US did, OR EVEN BETTER.
So compared to the US, do you have more of a filter selection, less of a filter selection, or is this just your way of getting FRAM into the headlines again?

Are you on crack?

Originally Posted By: Hootbro
Is the majority that is on the shelf, Canadian made?

Never really checked.

The reason I ask is that in years past, there was a protectionism to make Canadian made stuff more advantageous to stock in Canada. Hence the limited selections. NAFtA of course was suppose to remove some of these barriers.

Originally Posted By: edwardh1
walmart does not sell generally, good better, best like sears did in 50s 60s 70s.

They do in the states with their filter selections.

Does anybody know why Walmart in Canada only has FRAM oil filters? Seems in the US they have more brands to choose from.

Right after you joined BITOG, I mentioned that you were probably a big Fram lover because a Canuck doesn't have a big filter selection and you probably liked Fram because you just didn't know any better. You got all over my case and said that you had just as much of a filter selection as the US did, OR EVEN BETTER.
So compared to the US, do you have more of a filter selection, less of a filter selection, or is this just your way of getting FRAM into the headlines again?

Are you on crack?

Correct! If you are changing your oil on the recommended intervals, the orange can is just fine.

Correct! Of course, that can be said about just about every other brand of oil filter out there, even the ones that are much lower priced. Of course, a lot of Canucks don't have that choice, so I guess they never will find that out.

I'm not sure where you get your ideas that "us Canucks din't have a lot of choice?". We have plenty of choice. Probably just as much choice as you people in the US.

I guess you haven't stooped to the level of name calling aimed at my mom just yet, but if I go by your previous posts, I'm not holding my breath.

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
Quote:

or is this just your way of getting FRAM into the headlines again?

This.

Maybe a true BITOG'r would e-mail WallyWorld with the question and report back to us...

Fill your boots. Let us know how you make out.

The difference is i don't care and you do. 8)

Are you on crack?

Correct! If you are changing your oil on the recommended intervals, the orange can is just fine.

Correct! Of course, that can be said about just about every other brand of oil filter out there, even the ones that are much lower priced. Of course, a lot of Canucks don't have that choice, so I guess they never will find that out.

I'm not sure where you get your ideas that "us Canucks din't have a lot of choice?". We have plenty of choice. Probably just as much choice as you people in the US.

I guess you haven't stooped to the level of name calling aimed at my mom just yet, but if I go by your previous posts, I'm not holding my breath.

If you want me too, I can.

IBTL

In KevGuy's defence, the fact that he's obsessed with FRAM, kind of makes him a BITOG'er ...........

........... just in an extremely very very very narrow sense.

More of a FRAM mouthpiece than a BITOGer. He just uses BITOG to spew his FRAM message as much as it can be tolerated.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
More of a FRAM mouthpiece than a BITOGer. He just uses BITOG to spew his FRAM message as much as it can be tolerated.

Do you think FRAM is giving me kickbacks or something?

Originally Posted By: MarkStock
IBTL

In KevGuy's defence, the fact that he's obsessed with FRAM, kind of makes him a BITOG'er ...........

........... just in an extremely very very very narrow sense.

Interesting.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

Do you think FRAM is giving me kickbacks or something?

Must be because anyone who knew how all available filters stacked up wouldn't be obsessed with mouth-piecing the orange can FRAM just for the fun of it. So you are either a mouthpiece, or just unaware of where the orange can really stacks up.

Originally Posted By: Hootbro
Is the majority that is on the shelf, Canadian made?

I never checked. The orange paint burns my eyes.
wink.gif
Realistically, I don't have a lot of use for the orange can (for the reasons I've outlined countless times of price versus value) so its country of origin is of no interest to me.

As for NAFTA, I'm not quite sure how it works for businesses, but at least for personal automotive use, any items made in the USA or in Mexico can be imported to Canada duty free.

I disagree. A true mouthpiece in BITOG admits to their agenda and pays to be a sponsor.

I disagree. A true mouthpiece in BITOG admits to their agenda and pays to be a sponsor.

I have no agenda.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back