Wally-Mart TECH2000 Best 0w30?

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by oilyriser:
What was the size of a case of the 0w30?

Actually I have not asked that yet. I seem to have the bulk sales rep thoroughly confused, and he has promised me more information. He can't understand the low price on the 0w30 he is getting when he looks it up. Will try to remember to ask when he calls. If I get time during business hours I may call a PetroCan sales rep directly as they are local. I used to deal with them when buying for our business. They had a good run at trying to convince our whole company to convert to PetroCan.

quote:

Originally posted by bob_ninja:
Ron,
I appreciate the effort. Still even at $4.50 why not add few cents for a full PAO Esso XD3 0W30 ($5.00)?

You have PC 0W30 priced as low a $4.50 and up to $6.50 from the station. Then why would the same exact oil be priced much lower (around $2-$3/L) retail under a "perceived" low quality brand???? Assuming everything you said is correct, I cannot see any business sense in it. What does Petro Canada accomplish by selling their high quality product at much lower price to Walmart (and don't say volume)???? Come to think of it, they would have to be loosing a lot of money on it IF it is a high quality GrpIII, no?

I won't touch that first question in this thread, as that has been throughly flogged to death.

I don't claim to understand the pricing. The only indirect sense I can make of it is that Walmart are getting such a good price on the 0w30 that they could not turn it down. I'm sure it is not a popular grade, but if they sell it at the same price as the 5&10w30 the markup is much higher. And on the popular grades, obviously Walmart are getting a much better price than I am calling up to buy a case or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back