Walk me through this - No Gas in Carb

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not getting gas into my carb bowl.

Not a OPE guru here.

GX160 Block.
Dropped the Carb Bowl and just played with the Float. No gas coming through .

I've yet to remove the hose from tank to carb to confirm has is coming through.

Next steps ?

I'd start there. Maybe something as simple as a shut off valve shut.

How old is the gas? If there is a screen in the tank, could it be plugged up with varnish?

Then there is the obvious, is there gas in the tank?

Acutally, I did not remove the float.
I've going to try that when I get home tonight.
Maybe just a stuck needle that needs a shot of carb spray.
Hopefully that will do it and gas will just come pouring out ;-)

Another step is to get some clean hose, and put it on both ends of the barb nipples. The carb barb you should be able to blow through, and shut off by lifting the float. The gas tank, well, if it's not coming out, blow through it and see if you knock some crud loose. Might want to use an air compressor for this one.
wink.gif

My "chonda" GX200 clone suffered a sticky/ blocked fuel shut off, BTW.

Gas should flow - if there is any in the tank - when the float bowl is removed and the float drops to about a 40 degree angle. If no gas appears then the needle/seat assembly is REALLY clogged, or stuck, or the fuel shut off valve - is closed. I've seem shut offs close by vibration on Briggs engines. And yes, the needle can stick in the seat and not move down when the float drops, but that should be obvious if you look closely. The back end of the needle, which contacts the float assembly should ride on it the contact area at all times. All other devices in the line, such as fuel filters and the line itself, should be checked as well as others have pointed out.

Last edited:
Just start working backwards from the carb. There will be a point where you do, and a point where you don't have gas flowing. The obstruction is between those two points.

If there's a shutoff valve make sure it's on. Also try removing the fuel cap in case the vent is plugged.

Just pulling the float did the trick...
I actually thought it did not as I pulled it with shutoff off and no gas. I put the carb cover back and as I was wheeling it *has carb drain unscrewed* - gas starting leaking out.

Progress. So I just yanked on the cord and Viola....final snowblower prep done for the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back