Vulcan 1600 Classic...anyone have one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
May be leaving the Sportbike world for a cruiser...my wrists aren't holding up as well as I thought they would during my 100 a day commute.

The power is intoxicating on the F4i but my boday and age (going on 44) are pointing me to a cruiser.

Was very interested in the 900LT Vulcan but a few folks have said that they got one and are wishing for some more grunt on long trips...I'd have to do 65-80 to avoid getting run over on my commute lol...not that the 900 can't, just that the 1600 may be more comfy

Anyone??

Goose
34.gif

I've been getting the bug to get back into bikes again, and I had the hots for cruisers for a while. Unfortunately, many cruisers lock you into one spot on the seat. Many have higher, wider bars that turn you into a sail. Bottom line, sore back and butt burn in a very short while. So, you may want to check out the various reincarnations of the old "standard", such as Suzuki Bandit or their new GSX650F 4-cylinder with the RX fairing. Yamaha's FJR 1300 touring bike is sporty. What about the new Kawasaki Versys? Triumph's Tiger 1050 is nice. Honda's ST1300 is a gooder too. Is the Honda Inteceptor an option? I haven't settled yet, but there's a lot of sneaky fast bikes out there that you can actually ride on for hours. Good hunting!

Buddy has a vrod that is the only Harley I would consider. My zx9r with a Corbin seat lets me go about 3 hours before I have to take a break.

If I were to get a sport tourer I would definitely look at the fjr1300 or honda st1300

How bout the suzuki boulevard?? Thats a nice looking bike, not much wind protection but nice looking none the less

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back