VOA Peak Synthetic 0W/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Peak say's they use a full synthetic Base Stock, maybe they are applying they are at least mainly a PAO base. In addition what is overlooked is the base stock makes up the 80% of the oil, and if that base stock isn't as good, than of coarse you have to change your add pack to make up the difference. Is this an extended drain oil, probably not. But I would run it for 6,000 miles easily, but I have yet to find it for the price I want it for. Like a previous guy mention above..I can get Napa Synthetics cheaper and I know it should go 6,000 miles.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Topo
Peak say's they use a full synthetic Base Stock, maybe they are applying they are at least mainly a PAO base.
If the Majors arent using majority PAO in their premium oils, I can assure you Warren isnt either. Group III. That CA number is wrong.

Appreciate the VOA for Peak Syn 0w20.

I'm planning on using a 0w20 on my next oil change....and this VOA has convinced me....that I won't be using Peak.

I recently bought a 5 quart jug of M1 0w20....which IMO...is a much stronger oil.

IMO....the jury is still out on this Peak Full Synthetic. Wait until we see some UOA's before a decision is made. If the oil is very good quality base stock then the add pack should not have to be increased to make up for any deficiencies in the oil quality.

I would have purchased and tried this Peak Full Synthetic but the price is always high and it's never a bargain compared to the majors on sale/clearance.

If the oil is very good quality it will show in the results.

I'm not writing off Peak Full Synthetic....yet..... since I've not tried it nor have I seen any UOA's on this oil.

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
Wheres the Ca? Absolutely Lab error or misformulation.

It's not an error, ARCO - the Ca is supplemented by the nearly 400ppm of Sodium detergent.

That combo - Ca/Na detergent - is starting to become a very common detergent package on oils. I've read 'somewhere' that it has been shown to be a very, very effective combo at keeping engines clean.

A very good point....Castrol and Valvoline seem to use quite a bit of this combo in their conventional oils and synthetic,(Valvoline, NAPA, Car Quest), oils. Now were seeing this combo in the new Mobil Super oils and Mobil Special. It must be a very good cleaning package....made by who....Ashland????

Originally Posted By: addyguy
Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
Wheres the Ca? Absolutely Lab error or misformulation.

It's not an error, ARCO - the Ca is supplemented by the nearly 400ppm of Sodium detergent.

That combo - Ca/Na detergent - is starting to become a very common detergent package on oils. I've read 'somewhere' that it has been shown to be a very, very effective combo at keeping engines clean.

Call me a NAY SAYER if you like....but I'm very skeptical of the VOA of Peak Full Synthetic motor oil that has been posted.

The post was from someone who has only made 2 posts to the BITOG Forum.

Peak motors oil is known to use the "Traditional Add Pack" of Moly, Boron and Calcium. This VOA shows none of those traditional additives.

This VOA seems a little....out of step. It shows an Add Pack that is "Sodium Fortified" rather than the traditional.

There is no screen shot of the "actual Blackstone results" or oil other oil analysis. As we all know....numbers can easily be changed on an excel spread sheet but the actual screen shot...well....that's another situation.

I might be wrong....but I don't believe that this VOA is truthful or accurate. Call me what you want...but due to lack of credibility with this post....I have a very difficult time believing nonsense. And that is what I think of this VOA.

BTW....This poster is from Michigan and registered to the BITOG forum on 09/11/11.

Last edited:
Honestly, I don't think it looks all that "bad". So many people are so hung-up on older formulations, high-moly, and loads of boron. We can make assumptions about the base stock but the fact of the matter is that we can't really determine anything until we see true wear results.

It is API SN oil. I don't think that anyone's engine is going to blow up or wear any more than the favorite name brand oils.

It is wrong for anyone to call this "junk" based solely on the additives or TBN which is based solely off of legacy additive packages.

But the jury is still out on extended OCIs with this. They do claim "fewer oil changes" on the packaging but the also claim "better performance"... Whatever that is supposed to mean. Could just be nonsense.

Your totally missing the point of my post.....

I'm not calling this Peak Full Synthetic oil junk by any means. Peak makes excellent products but this is a VOA scam.

I'm referring to the BOGUS VOA of the Peak Full Synthetic oil. IMO....this is not a VOA of Peak Full Synthetic oil.

The poster has only made 2 posts since joining the forum and he decided to post a VOA and a UOA?

IMO...if these post on the VOA and UOA analysis are legitimate .....then why did he not post the ACTUAL OIL ANALYSIS reports and not some, IMO, fabricated excel spreadsheet data.

This poster happened to join the forum on 9/11, but has not posted anything since his two posts.

I'm very leery of trolls and people who appear....then disappear....they have no credibility in my book.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: mongo161
I'm very leery of trolls and people who appear....then disappear....they have no credibility in my book.

And just why would a "troll" post a VOA? Is so hard to understand that someone has problems posting images on this site? I can't do it either, and don't consider myself an idiot! Is the Na level and TBN so inflammatory?
I guess so, judging from the responses.
I did basically the ssme thing when I did a VOA of Delvac 1 SHC - it had Ca 3897, B 235, Zn 1189, P 1089, TBN (UOA protocol) of 14, vis@100C=14.5. Does that make me a troll??

Charlie

With 855 post under your belt.....I have not nor would I call you a troll.

Don't you see anything wrong with this "VOA".....or am I the only person who is skeptical of data that can be manipulated by posting an excel spreadsheet with data on my first post?

BTW....I had problems posting my VOA of an oil a few months back....I asked for assistance and received it from Bob Fout and Bill in Utah. All you have to do is contact them.....

I know what you mean. I was just referring to some of the other posts in the thread.

You may be right but for all we know the analysis could be accurate. I don't really think that it looks bad even if it is a fake. Just different than what people normally expect.

If you take a look at the OP on this VOA there is no "Lab" mentioned where the VOA results came from, no date of the VOA and no comments from the Lab.

Most of the VOA's that I take as legitimate would have the name of the Lab, Date of the testing and their comments.....and the actual screen shot or PDF of the Lab report.

IMO...this is a BOGUS report. Why it was posted....is any one's guess? So, with the data available....I would not rely on this VOA posted for Peak Full synthetic....this VOA is just for amusement...to see how many comment's it receives from people who know oil and are baffled by the results of their joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back