VOA Jeep 3.0L CRD 1001 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a new GrandCherokee diesel owner, although I have Ford,VW,Chevy diesels. Not sure how this forum works, so hope you get this message.

In terms of oil filter, Purolator has a L25646 that is supposed to be the same as the HU821. It is $30.09 at PepBoys.
A place called Atlantic Imported Auto Supply
2 Dyment Way
Barrington, NH 03825
1-800-322-6006
[email protected]
Atlantic Imported Auto Supply

says they sell the HU821X for $10.23 each or $55.25 for a six pack. I have not bought any yet.

Regarding oil, I use Mobil1. TurboDieselTruck 5-40W is the retail packaging, Delvac1 is the commercial packaging, but they are the same product. The TurboDieselTruck is generally cheaper even though the Delvac1 is available in 55gal drums. UPS uses Delvac1 exclusively in their fleet.

I am interested in any experience/information regarding the Jeep diesel.

The dealer price for an oil filter is $23.33, I just checked yesterday. I think we will go with the Mobil 1 ESP 5w-30. That will be great if we can get filter prices at the $10 range.

Quote:

HU821X for $10.23 each or $55.25 for a six pack.

That's a heckuva price. I wonder if the "x" suffix denotes a bare filter, not the filter plus O-rings that you get from the dealer. If so, that's okay, O-rings are easy to come by and are very inexpensive.

Quote:

TurboDieselTruck 5-40W is the retail packaging, Delvac1 is the commercial packaging, but they are the same product. The TurboDieselTruck is generally cheaper even though the Delvac1 is available in 55gal drums.

But neither meets MB 229.51. That requires Mobil 1 ESP. TDIClub has a detailed thread on this.

Pablo, thanks for the update re. DEO. I know HDD is out due to ash levels. BTW, Amsoil does not show an ash level for AFL. Can you acertain what it is, and perhaps prompt them to update their website data? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back