vintage Ford wrench

pretty sure this is genuine. Grandfather worked for the Ford Motor Company from 1922 to 1966
and I have had this in my possession since his death many years ago.
Almost positive this thing goes back to the Model T.
IMG_0403.JPG

You could send an email to the guys at Strong's Garage on You Tube, and they may be able to verify. They have all kinds of vintage tools including Ford Dealership tools. Heck, they may even make you an offer if you want to sell it.

[email protected]

That particular type of adjustable wrench, called a monkey wrench, shows up fairly often at the big auto swap meets. It and a couple of open-end wrenches were standard equipment on Model Ts, As, and (I believe) early V-8s.

My sources indicate a monkey wrench could be a (smooth jawed) Ford wrench or a serrated jawed pipe wrench.

Those Ford wrenches have a good fan base on our nation's shipyards, of all places.

I have one that used to be owned by BNSF!

i have one like that, belonged to my granddad i knew it was old but never really knew it could belong in a model A tool kit.

That wrench looks legit Ford.

I gave mine to a friend that owned a Ford Model AA dump truck. Unfortunately the truck, wrench and my friend are now gone.

pretty sure this is genuine. Grandfather worked for the Ford Motor Company from 1922 to 1966
and I have had this in my possession since his death many years ago.
Almost positive this thing goes back to the Model T.View attachment 180682
Ford probably still use it on the assembly line.... :ROFLMAO:

Ford probably still use it on the assembly line.... :ROFLMAO:
With CEO Hackett’s current policies I wouldn’t be surprised if they just start shipping the parts to the dealerships for them to assemble during their .9 hour pre delivery inspection. Of course the plant workers will still get their bonuses.

• Haha
Reactions: hrv
The wrench was made by Moore Drop Forge in Springfield, MA. The company has an interesting history.

Reading the title I expected to see a picture of a hammer. We used to lovingly call a BFH the Ford wrench.

Back