Venus and Jupiter conjunction from our front yard.

It does track the planets, and it uses your birthday to derive your “sign”.

From which it derives a bunch of specious garbage - like predictions about the future, generalizations about your personality, and influences on human affairs by observable celestial objects.

It is similar to psychics, tarot card reading, palm reading and other traps for weak minds.

Astronomy is a branch of science. Nothing in common besides the use of the Greek root for “Star” in the name.
This Society revels in made up lore and mysticism.

And Science has it Quarks, Mesons and Baryrons and Neutrinos and Quark Charm. and is still trying to figure out what light is. Ready the Photon Torpedos!
Now abouut that Big Bang model, did not a microwave detector telecscope just see events BEFORE the Big Bang mile marker? Or am I beng bamboozeled by internet click-bait again :)

Just messing around, I worked within Bell Labs N. Andover Campus for quite a while.

Now about that Eostre Rabbit? How does he lay them chocolate eggs made by Sprüngli AG ?

How can you tell what they are? Looks just like points of light.
Astronomers track the movement of planets (So does Astrology, but for different reasons to be honest.)
That's how we knew we could launch the Voyager missions to go on a "Grand Tour" of the planets as they were lined up and won't be lined up like that again for another 100 or so years IIRC.

As an aside, I was mildly annoyed at them depicting a "Grand Tour" in the movie Ad Astra as the time it was allegedly set in did not line up with the next such alignment of planets in the Solar System.

Ad Astra was allegedly set in 2119 and the next grand alignment isn't until about 2152 give or take.

I thought I would get another look last night, but it was cloudy. All good; I really enjoyed the conjunction as it gave me a perspective on how we fit in out solar system. Just a spec of stardust...

Venus was pretty this morning, perhaps 76M miles away? Not sure...
1699542198039.jpg

Back