vavoline 10w30 sm ac 3101 miles 01 impala 3800

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is my first uoa from my 01 impala with 3800 engine. i just got it and the last owner had the valvoline in it with a napa silver filter. it is 10w30ac sm. i still have the remander of the 5qt jug that came with the car. no make up oil. i just wanted to make sure it did not have an anti-freeze leak before i changed to mobil1 and some longer oci's
my avr.
aluminum 2/3
chromium 0/1
iron 6/13
copper 5/18
lead 4/7
tin 0/1
moly 51/53
nickel 0/0
manganese0/0
silv 0/0
titanium 0/0
potassium0/8
boron 74/47
silicon 5/11
sodium 0/13
calcium 1477/2079
magnesium 7/114
phosphorus505/711
zinc 622/863
barium 0/0
visc sus @210 59.2
flash 390
fuel antifreeze 0.0
water 0.0
insolubles 0.3

lab was blackstone
no TBN was done as i am not interested in this oil.

Looks like all is well with the engine. The best part is probably that your potassium and sodium are zero. This means not a trace of any antifreeze.

quote:

Originally posted by Al:
Looks like all is well with the engine. The best part is probably that your potassium and sodium are zero. This means not a trace of any antifreeze.

Al, yes i was a little concerned about the intake.
smile.gif

I have an 01 Grand Prix w/ the same engine and just got my UOA back last week w/ very similar results but streached out to 5k. How many total miles are there on your car?

My main concern was w/ the intake manifold gasket and a possible leak.

Mine too came back w/o a leak.
I now plan on doing a annual UOA to keep track of any possible leaks.

Congrats on an excellent report!
cheers.gif

Valvo All-Climate isn't really bad stuff, just that there are dino oils that post better UOA's for the same money or less (like Havoline). If you change it every 3 to 5k it's alright. DuraBlend, Synpower, and Max Life usually show well on UOA's.

302Xplorer, car has about 84k on it now. runs great.

JohnnyO, i am going 5K ON M1 and maybe a run on GC and see how it turns out.
I would just like to use M1 and let the oil life monitor tell me when to change it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back