VALVOLINE PREMIUM BLUE CHANGE INTERVALS

Status
Not open for further replies.
They get their oil and filters super cheap. Parts for them is probably $100 bucks and the rest is pure profit.

Originally Posted By: Artem
They get their oil and filters super cheap. Parts for them is probably $100 bucks and the rest is pure profit.

What's their cost on that steak dinner?
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp
Doesn't come often, but that's one pricey oil change.
smile.gif

Sump capacities don't always get the proper credit for keeping a healthy engine on long OCI's. About 2 quarts per liter of engine displacement seems to be the sweet spot to start on having those long range OCI's.

My Clark lift has a 4.236 liter engine, and holds 2 gallons of oil. I get 750 hours out of that sump using UOA's and a full flow filter.

My Ram has 6.7 liters and holds 3 gallons. I would get 18k miles out of that sump using UOA's and a full flow filter.

Our E350 is a 3.5 liter engine and holds NINE and a half quarts, and knocks out a very clean 14k mile OCI without a sweat.

I can only imagine laying under a truck waiting for 18 gallons to come out lol. Couple of guys did that next door to me. Filled 3 5-gallon pails, and part of another. hey had no idea what to do with it all, but I let them dump it in my bulk tank for a fee.
thumbsup2.gif

Do they use a transmission jack to drop the oil pan?

Last edited:
A jack stand to remove an oil pan? Why would anyone need to drop an oil pan for a oil change? Yes, they do have drain plugs, or in my case, a Fumoto drain valve in place of the plug. Even with that, the 10 gallons in the sump drains pretty quickly. And most heavy truck oil changes occur over a pit in a shop.

I was referring to an oilpan that cases 18 gallons of oil. Like, say the oilpan gasket degraded, I sure bet an oilpan with a 72 quart capacity weighs alot.

....more or less, I was joking!

My 6.4L OM906LA in 05 Unimog, with centrifuge, EGR deleted, holds 30L of oil, or about 4.7L/L displacement. The longest OCI I've done is 21K mi but the mfg says 1200 hrs (42000 mi in my application) is OK with MB228.5 oil. So I will try it on my next trips, Alaska to Halifax Canada, then Antwerp to Outer Mongolia and back to Germany, then another trip summer 2017. It burns 1L/2500mi which keeps the oil freshened.

Charlie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back