Value of 2006 Corolla?

If it wasn’t for the high mileage, $3500-$4K would be in range. My guess would be $2700-$3K. My mom’s somewhat dinged up (but not rusty) ‘06 Matrix will go for ~$3K, and it only has 62K.

i'd clean that rust out, manual swap it, turbo it, and use the thickest oil , Id definitely take care of it

I mean if you would pay $7-10k, maybe ask dishdude if he wants to drop it off in GA? 🤣 It might even be worth dealing with a shipping company at that price, though I'd just drive it from PA to GA, then fly or rent an interesting vehicle back to AZ.

The mileage and minor rust means this car really tops out at less than $5k in the craziest of markets, and I think there would have to be a gas price spike to get anywhere near that.
Yea-if he pays 10grand for it-let's all pitch in the shipping costs........

That's one of the silliest posts on here for a while.

According to auction sales data the last 2006 Corolla with 273k miles and similar CR rating(rust on the strut tower is a major CR killer) was $1800 out in California. 251k sold for $1700 in Kansas.

Salt belt region 06 corollas with 100-120k miles go for around $2000. The adjusted value with your mileage and 2.0 CR(assuming the strut tower is repairable) for your car is $1300. Meaning it’ll probably fetch somewhere near there wholesale. So $500 is a reasonable offer from a dealer with high overhead costs.

as a dealer I couldn’t pay more than $1000 for the car as a trade in. Just because KBB shows $3500+ doesn’t mean I can move that car for anywhere near that. As good as people hype up corollas the buyers don’t put money where their mouth is when time comes. Same with Camrys, Accords, Civics. A car can be worth whatever you want it to be worth, but the real value is what someone is willing to pay. I say list it at $2500 and take the first $2000-2500 offer you get. Unless you want to spend a 2-8+ weeks trying to sell it, I suppose you can list it at $3500.

Attachments

• 124AF82A-4570-4E15-AF66-2D3F0BF1E7E3.jpg
    124AF82A-4570-4E15-AF66-2D3F0BF1E7E3.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
I have never understood why people use floor mats so they can't enjoy it but somebody who buys a fully depreciated car for $1,500 can.

exactly what I tell people all the time. There’s protecting your car from wear, and then protecting your car for the next owner.

Wether it’s worn or not worn at all you’re gonna get the same bs offer anyways. Atleast enjoy your depreciation.

that's some kid's pizza delivery rig. Money maker. It's $3,500 all day long.

but is it really? Maintenance records or not 267k is still 267k. They don’t design cars to run forever...

$3500 isn’t necessarily throw away money for a kid either. As a buyer I would be worried about when the trans or engine is gonna go. $3500 plus another possible $1000-1500 makes it look like a risky purchase. You can get lower mileage Malibus and Fusions from the same era for $2500-3000 on the private market.

Two weeks ago my son purchased 2010 Accord LX-P 93800 miles in very good codition from NJ Chrysler dealer for $6,525.

that accord should last to 200,000 no problem with basic TLC and some proactive maintenance (like replacing the alternator at 180k regardless of warning lights). those K24 engines last.

the only thing special that car might need are suspension part replacements if your roads are pot-holed and a new flex pipe eventually due to road salt.

and try avoid unlocking the door manually withthe physical key. Honda used substandard tumblers for the door locks in a lot of models

driveaccord.net is a great resource for accord owners

I have never understood why people cover seats-so they can't enjoy it but somebody who buys a fully depreciated car for $1,500.00 can.
I have always covered the seats in all my vehicles, at least the front seats. I don't know anyone who enjoys sitting on split crumbling foam and worn/ripped material. So, preservation of the seat's original integrity is a worthwhile effort, IMO. Sure is better than having to remove the seat and get it reupholstered.

My 2004 Corolla has 420K miles on it and I wouldn't let it go for $500...no way...

Assuming that it isn't a total rust bucket underneath, IMO $1200-$1500 with warm A/C, $2200-$2500 with cold A/C. In Phoenix the A/C will be an important consideration.

Back