Using smart tv for youtube albums/music

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Samsung smart TV I bought around Christmas. It's a 6350 series 46". Been using to link between computer with youtube songs/albums. Also for netflix etc. Very happy with the smart TV features.

Now I just need to get it hooked through home reciever/speakers for times I want to hear the best sound.

I am reading the future platform for smart TVs will be a built in Roku box. No company wants to write different versions of Netflix, etc for each company's smart TV.

Seems like a good direction to me. I have a Roku.

Originally Posted By: oilboy123
Now I just need to get it hooked through home reciever/speakers for times I want to hear the best sound.

Depends on what outputs your TV has and what inputs your home receiver has. The two typical options would be either using optical connection (SPDIF) or traditional analog 2xRCA jacks. Pull out your owner's manual - it should be explained there.

I bought a Samsung 55" 6300 in December and am using a toslink cable as both the tv and the receiver have a toslink connection. It's an easy and clean way to go if you have the connections.

I would like to use the optical connection. I might have to get another receiver though. What I have now I got from my BIL. It's an older early 90s Denon which works OK. But to get into the menu you need an external monitor?

Last time I tried the optical on the CD carousal and could not get the receiver to connect on the input. Ideally I would like the option to use the tv speakers for regular TV, but use the receiver when I want to listen to something with music at a louder volume level.

All you need then, like Quattro Pete said, is a set of RCA jacks. They'll give you excellent audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back