Upvotes? That’s new. Hope there are down votes too.

Huh? Am I missing something because I see no new upvotes.. The like has been there for years I believe... But yes, dislike should be available too... Were all adults here, lets just cut to the chase

This hasn’t changed since we went to Xenforo.

You can like a post. Or you can pick one of the other emojis.

There is no upvote.

We are not tracking likes, or total responses, as we first did, by username, because there were some negatives to that “score”.

This hasn’t changed since we went to Xenforo.

You can like a post. Or you can pick one of the other emojis.

There is no upvote.

We are not tracking likes, or total responses, as we first did, by username, because there were some negatives to that “score”.
I see these upvotes from time to time

24CD9161-9D57-43E5-9AD4-75B71F04BCD6.jpeg

Usually on threads that have this “?”

67DF1FCD-7260-4C80-BB52-A6C5D9BC0F0D.jpeg

Last edited:
Very interesting. What browser?
Safari and Brave on iOS, but I’m pretty sure I’ve seen them on Brave on my windows laptop too. Only on threads that have this little question mark in a circle though. Not sure what that means

Attachments

• 4E993737-AC14-4EF4-A9F7-872CAAC5E240.jpeg
    4E993737-AC14-4EF4-A9F7-872CAAC5E240.jpeg
    166.1 KB · Views: 6
I see these upvotes from time to time

View attachment 102408

Usually on threads that have this “?”

View attachment 102410
I think that's only a feature on threads that are started and identified as a "Question". I just did a down vote on a post that showed some up votes, and my down vote subtracted from the up votes. Even did a down vote on one showing "0" votes, and it went to "-1". I of course put the up votes back since it was just a test to see the functionality.

1654209849803.jpg

Up and down votes exist in Question threads. And both the up and down votes work, at least in my test.

You only see upvotes in question type threads, which are available, but almost never used.
The down vote also works. Tested it on a Win10 laptop with Firefox, and also tested on an Android phone. If the vote shows "0", a down vote makes it "-1".

When you create a new thread, there are options. Not all forums are setup the same. Some have "Question" and some even have the "Poll" option.

View attachment 102460

View attachment 102461
Never noticed that before, but I don't start many threads either (and when I do, it is using the new post feature at the top of the subforum).
Or maybe I am just not in the right subforum for it to be an option.

The purpose of the Question type threads is to find the best answer for the question. The posts can be sorted chronologically or by the most up votes.

For example:

Thread original post: What is the best way drain the oil out of my crankcase during an oil change?

Post one answer: Remove the drain plug. (this could be up voted by an logged on member.

Post two answer: Dynamite. (this could be down voted by any logged on member.

If you sort by up votes, the answers (posts) will be arranged by most up votes to least. If you don't care to see the answers (posts) sorted by up votes, then leave the thread sorted by date/time of the posts, which is the default.

This is a good example. I just changed it to a Question type thread:

Last edited:
Back