Unusual intruder shooting case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: whip
Originally Posted By: antiqueshell

As a potential juror, whomever questions me, defense lawyers or prosecuting attorney will get the answers they need to hear, so that the victim in this case, the homeowner, is found NOT guilty on all charges.

Quote:
@Whip. You put words in my mouth, I never said I would lie.

Knowing that your true opinion would get you removed by most lawyers, how would you "give them the answers they need to hear" without lieing?

antiqueshell,
My self and others have asked how you would do this without lieing. If you get a moment, I'd still like to hear your answer.

What are the odds of Antiqueshell admitting to being wrong, yet again?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2015/...asser/23309195/

I'm wrong on this occasion, but I'm sure that
the verdict will be appealed and the verdict will be overturned because the homeowner was acting legally under the Castle Doctrine.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

What are the odds of Antiqueshell admitting to being wrong, yet again?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2015/...asser/23309195/

I'm wrong on this occasion, but I'm sure that
the verdict will be appealed and the verdict will be overturned because the homeowner was acting legally under the Castle Doctrine.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

I'm sure you'll admit you were wrong when the verdict is overturned,
correct?

whistle.gif

if anyone still reading this,

know your state laws on the issue. pretty sure here in my suck state you shoot an intruder in the back even if they broke into your home the mentality and idealogy is you are guilty of murder. if they are running away with your tv, your car, even stole your firearm you can't shoot them if they are running away otherwise the courts prosecute you. it's a gray area and the mentality and idealogy is how dare you protect yourself you should retreat to a safe zone in your home, and you must prove your innocence by showing there was clear threat to loss of your life like intruder has warrants out for murder and there were multiple bullet holes in wall behind you. for the story this thread is based on, it's taking castile doctrine to the extreme but doesn't mean it's wrong either. easy for people to blame the homeowner and label them as a trigger happy cowboy when they have not experienced their hard ships of being robbed and watching the law favor the criminal.

Diren, the son of turkish immigrants to Germany... i'm sure the news made sure not to say muslim... i wonder if he said hi to trayvon after being shot?

said in the article: "And it's created a culture that it's okay to shoot first and ask questions later."

no, the culture is the laws favor the criminal and robbery continues to happen and the police and politicians do nothing to stop it. and people WILL take matters into their own hands eventually. nothing new, 10 or more years ago the owner of a building in bridgeport ct set traps just inside the windows like bear traps or something to deter robbers, because he had been robbed so many times and local police could do nothing about it, and his defense was the robberies and increased insurance was forcing him out of business. naturally some kid less than 20 yrs old breaks in and gets caught in the trap on like friday night and is stuck there till monday morning when the owner comes in and finds the kid dead. building owner charged with murder.
just look up booby trap killings, one comes up for chicago. i'm pretty sure similar thing happened in bridgeport but i can't find it too much other crime stories come up.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 1 FMF
if anyone still reading this,

know your state laws on the issue. pretty sure here in my suck state you shoot an intruder in the back even if they broke into your home the mentality and idealogy is you are guilty of murder. if they are running away with your tv, your car, even stole your firearm you can't shoot them if they are running away otherwise the courts prosecute you. it's a gray area and the mentality and idealogy is how dare you protect yourself you should retreat to a safe zone in your home, and you must prove your innocence by showing there was clear threat to loss of your life like intruder has warrants out for murder and there were multiple bullet holes in wall behind you. for the story this thread is based on, it's taking castile doctrine to the extreme but doesn't mean it's wrong either. easy for people to blame the homeowner and label them as a trigger happy cowboy when they have not experienced their hard ships of being robbed and watching the law favor the criminal.

Diren, the son of turkish immigrants to Germany... i'm sure the news made sure not to say muslim... i wonder if he said hi to trayvon after being shot?

said in the article: "And it's created a culture that it's okay to shoot first and ask questions later."

no, the culture is the laws favor the criminal and robbery continues to happen and the police and politicians do nothing to stop it. and people WILL take matters into their own hands eventually. nothing new, 10 or more years ago the owner of a building in bridgeport ct set traps just inside the windows like bear traps or something to deter robbers, because he had been robbed so many times and local police could do nothing about it, and his defense was the robberies and increased insurance was forcing him out of business. naturally some kid less than 20 yrs old breaks in and gets caught in the trap on like friday night and is stuck there till monday morning when the owner comes in and finds the kid dead. building owner charged with murder.
just look up booby trap killings, one comes up for chicago. i'm pretty sure similar thing happened in bridgeport but i can't find it too much other crime stories come up.

I NEVER EVER heard that aspect of the story. The kid was NOT
ACTUALLY A GERMAN AT ALL!

How interesting that the Ashkanazi mass media kept that fact about the kid actually being Turkish a secret for all intensive purposes, very interesting indeed. Most Germans don't consider immigrants even if they get citizenship to be true Germans they are always considered guests. I see nothing wrong with that it is their right as a sovereign nation to refuse the plague of mass immigration of alien tribes into their country and multiKulturalism, both of which are destroying the native peoples, their culture, and western civilization as well. Oddly you would never guess who is behind the promotion of Arabs, Turks, ect to flood Western Europe...
People like Barbara Spectre.

The shooter will probably die in prison.

Dumb decesion to bait this college student. Call the cops and don't leave your garage door open.

Bump.

For anyone still interested in this case, the Montana Supreme Court docket ( as of today ) is here:

https://supremecourtdocket.mt.gov/search/case?case=17740#

The defendant/appellant's brief was filed December 28, 2015 and can be downloaded.

It is an interesting read.

The state/appellee's brief in response was due yesterday, but on the last day they requested and received an extension until 2/26/2016.

The defendant will get an opportunity to submit a reply brief.

The trial transcripts and exhibits are unfortunately blocked for privacy reasons.

If either side requests oral argument, and the request is granted, the court sets the case for oral argument, and it will be considered submitted for decision at the conclusion of the oral argument.

The court can also set it for argument on it's own motion if it so desires.

If the court does not set an oral argument, it will be onsidered submitted for decision when the last brief is filed.

That's how it works in my state, anyway.

Reversals are rare. They can take several forms - reversed and remanded for further proceedings in the lower court, or reversed and vacated ( it's over - defendant wins ) or a combination of the two.

Booby-trapping and setting ambushes have been illegal since like forever.

What kind of dumbskull does something like this?

I hate burglars as much as anyone, but if I ever find myself waiting up at night with a shotgun in my hand, I'm going to Baker-Act myself and then move.

I find it hard to believe the agenda driven mainstream media on any account. Let the jury chose guilty or innocent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back