Uh Oh I Switched!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been using hav syn 10w30 in my vibe for a 1.5 years with no oil useage. In a couple of weeks, I'm about to use mobil 1 out of my stash. hopefully, I won't have any oil useage or loud valvetrain issues.

viscosity Mobil 1 oils causing noisy engines and run M1 15w50 to ensure no noise.

It has an excellent low temp pour point and will probably shear down to a 5w30 in less than 2k miles.

I'm actually considering this for summer oil...

If you feel satisfied running Durablend than that is the way to go... also I have seen a Model T blasting down the street at near 30 mph... clickety clack... they must be running Mobil 1 in there...
blush.gif
grin.gif

SFCP, What makes mobil the best? It is a very good oil I'm sure. Many here like it and use it. I haven't seen anything about it that really stands out above many other oils on the market. I'm not looking to start an argument. I just would like to know what is so magical about mobil 1.

it cant be viscosity. I am currently running Supertech 5w30 and i usually run 5w40 and i still get no valvetrain noise.

isnt mobil 1 5w30 syn a little thicker than the M1 Syn 10w30?? just curious.. i dont mind going back to M1 syn if they lower their price... my only thing is the ____ engine noise that comes with it.. but if it was inferior oil we would have seen it by now lol

Quote:

SFCP, What makes mobil the best? It is a very good oil I'm sure. Many here like it and use it. I haven't seen anything about it that really stands out above many other oils on the market. I'm not looking to start an argument. I just would like to know what is so magical about mobil 1.

What I really meant was it is better than the alternate choice.

"..I just would like to know what is so magical about mobil 1"

For that matter, someone name any magical oil (besides Marvel's Mystery Oil - we all know it's magically mysterious). Defining Magical as - it can go 15k and have plenty of additives left, a solid TBN, excellent UOA (w/o accumulated wear - it seems they all get accumulations) - all this in a severe service situation.

I put forth M1 0w40 as Magical. Prove me wrong.

Quote:

ST oil filters for the new (and higher) price of $2.67 each.

ST filters are up to $2.67??? They were $2.08 last fall. For that price, I'd pony up the extra buck and buy a MC.

JAG, glad to help here. You take put 1.5x more additive in your EP product than in your reg. M1 product. Feel free to seek my assistance any time.

Being facicious here.
smile.gif

So do you think there's hidden marketing ploys in that %50 statement?

Quote:

Quote:

ST oil filters for the new (and higher) price of $2.67 each.

ST filters are up to $2.67??? They were $2.08 last fall. For that price, I'd pony up the extra buck and buy a MC.

Yep, was at Wal-Mart this AM and they are up to $2.67. Still an excellent price for a well built, well performing filter.

And remember, MC filters are NOT avail for many engines.
nono.gif

Like 90% of the engines I change oil for.

Take care, bill
patriot.gif

Quote:

Yeah, the quieter running engine is a common occurance after switching away from Mobil 1. Seems like a heck of a diffrence to me! Congrats on your new choice.

That's what read about on this board all the time, but some would call the quiet effect circumstantial evidence.
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back