Uconnect Bluetooth won't stay connected

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Check to make sure you have the latest UConnect software. I check mine semi-regularly on the UConnect site as I like to have the latest security updates.

http://www.driveuconnect.com/software-update/

I have a Nexus 5 and it pairs perfectly every time, even when I'm using both the bluetooth and the USB port for charging. I have the 8.4 system with the latest software.

In case this was missed...... The car does NOT have to go to the dealer to get UConnect updated. You do it with a USB memory stick.

Yea I know you can update it at home but according to fca it's up to date

I'd check if you have a bunch of apps running that are unneeded. Do you have other radio signals on like WiFi?

Turn off everything you don't need that is apps and other radio signals such as WiFi on the phones while trying to use them in the car.

It could be a phone too busy or it could be interference since WiFi and BT operate in the same region in the RF spectrum.

Originally Posted By: ram_man
Yea I know you can update it at home but according to fca it's up to date

So when you plug in your VIN it doesn't give you any updates to download? Mine still gives me the updates (2015-7-12) that I have installed as "current".

We have a brand new Laramie at work (2016) and I still had to do the updates on it.

Thanks for that link OVERKILL. I had no idea I could update with a USB stick. Apparently not all vehicles have updates available at this time.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
Thanks for that link OVERKILL. I had no idea I could update with a USB stick. Apparently not all vehicles have updates available at this time.

You are quite welcome
cheers3.gif

Good to see yours is up-to-date. I'd advocate that anybody that owns a UConnect-equipped Chrysler product check to ensure that they are updated since it doesn't require a dealer visit and may fix bugs and security issues.

Well today my phone and vr buttons quit working as well as usb audio connectivity. The techs from the Uconnect hotline said the module is likely frozen. It goes to the dealer Wednesday. Hopefully it's not big deal after the focus nightmare the words dealer and warranty scare the [censored] outta me.

Well I disconnected the battery I read others had success doing this and now it's working great. Not sure what to make of that. Electronics can be a pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back