Twin 2008 Yamaha F350 89 Hrs OCI 2170 Hrs Total

Been awhile since I did a UOA on these motors. Parker 3420 with twin 350's filled with Yamalube 10w-30. I usually service at 100 hours but, the boat was headed down to NC from Maryland for some work offshore so I did a full service before the trip. Next service I will be switching to a 10w-40 for the summertime. Total hours are actually 500 higher for both motors. ECMs were replaced in 2016 due to a flywheel issue and were reset to zero .

f350 Star.jpg

08 YAMAHA-PORT.jpg

The two engines are dang near peas in a pod for wear. Looks good to me, I like moly and boron. If fuel reporting is anywhere near accurate, any thoughts on why the starboard is showing more contamination? With that said it seems inconsistent that the one with most fuel contamination has the higher remaining viscosity If oil came at the same time from the same bottles.

Regardless, wear numbers look great, IMO.

These reports look great, especially considering the hours. Just out of curiosity, are these the original powerheads? It's good to see an F350 with so many hours, especially a gen 1, after so many horror stories. Says a lot about your maintenance routine.

These reports look great, especially considering the hours. Just out of curiosity, are these the original powerheads? It's good to see an F350 with so many hours, especially a gen 1, after so many horror stories. Says a lot about your maintenance routine.
Yes, they are both the original powerheads. Exhaust manifolds were done at 800 hours as a precaution and both oil pumps and crank seals were replaced due to them seeping around 1200 hours. Otherwise, I just follow the maintenance schedule in the manual and they have treated us really well.

Back