TV series Road Kill Garage

Any Road Kill fans out there? I just watched an episode on pulling and rebuilding a Chevy 454 from an El Camino. It was great. You have to be a gear head to appreciate it.

5BDF3376-5DAC-462E-B598-9095DE7B2F70.jpeg

I've watched Roadkill since the initial pilot episode: "El Paso to LA The Hard Way". So far - the El Camino on the snowy parking lot is my all time favorite episode. After they left Youtube - I signed up on MotorTrendOnDemand just for Roadkill. Over the years Roadkill episodes became less exciting, but I still watch every one. These days I enjoy shows like "Runs Good", "Faster with Finnegan", and "Roadkill Garage" on MTOD. There was also another cool one "Will It Drift?", but unfortunately that one was shut down quick for some reason.

I watch it sometimes - and some of the more uppity car builder shows - on old cars, cheaper to live vicariously LoL …

I love Roadkill. Occasionally they will still play it on MotorTrend channel if you have cable still. My favorite episode is the one where they pull the 1950 GMC Truck out of a junkyard and try to drive it home. That episode came out in 2014 and I watched it the first day and still do. I’m not paying to watch any shows though so I don’t get to watch them much now unless it’s on TV. The episodes without Frieburger and Finnegan are really boring most of the time though.

Used to, when on youtube. Enjoyed them. Haven’t watched in a while though.

I used to watch Roadkill when full episodes were free on Youtube. Fun and funny stuff that a low-budget hot rodder can relate to compared to the shop-based custom and restoration TV shows.

I just saw a couple of Roadkill Garage episodes about "downgrading" the General Mayhem Charger from a Hellcat back to a 440. That led me to a fascinating series of videos about doing bodywork on that car by Chris Birdsong. There's no telling what it cost, even though he did it under a residential carport in Las Vegas, but his bodywork is amazing.

I love Roadkill. Occasionally they will still play it on MotorTrend channel if you have cable still. My favorite episode is the one where they pull the 1950 GMC Truck out of a junkyard and try to drive it home. That episode came out in 2014 and I watched it the first day and still do. I’m not paying to watch any shows though so I don’t get to watch them much now unless it’s on TV. The episodes without Frieburger and Finnegan are really boring most of the time though.
That's the one from Turner's Auto Wrecking in Fresno. I love that junkyard!
Didn't they call it Pigpen? The only one that was worse at breaking down on them would be the Rotsun, it never failed to fail. Dulchich is growing on me but yeah it's just not the same without those two together.

Great show except I get tired of the burnouts and donuts. Seeing if a particular vehicle will burn out is ok. Burning out for half the show on a vehicle that will, seems a waste of time for me. I am amused that they never get a Ford to burn out and when they "help" it achieve a burnout it is always a one legged P.O.S. The show where Brule' dyno's the motors with different changes applied is brilliant.

Back