TRUFILTER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Col

I Ordered One Today to take a look at one , Has any Here Every Seen One Or Using One Now ?? Give me some feed back. We Are Always Looking For New products For Our Store And Feed Backs From You Guys Are a great Help. If Some Product is Not Up To Your Standards Or Not Working Well We Would Like To Know !

Regards,
Col.

Reusable filters are messy to clean.

They also don't filter well. Micron ratings and capacity are usually jokes.

They flow extremely well for those that need oil flow and pressure and don't care for filtering capability.

IMO, they only suitable if you have bypass filtration to clean the oil.

Nice novelty item. Too expensive. The numbers never work. Would work well, as undummy says, with bypass filtration.

Trufilter Oil Systems is a revolutionary design that provides for 100% filtration through duplex woven, deep pleated 30 micron surgical stainless steel filter media. Our filter allows you to choose from a bypass valve and/or a bypass plug that includes a rare-earth magnet. These extremely powerful and compact rare-earth magnets will capture the smallest of metal particles and stop the metals from re-entering your engine. Combined with our filter media, this combination will filter your oil like no other filter on the market. Tests show that Trufilter is 95% more efficient in capturing 35 micron and smaller particles. Lab tests proved that 40 micron particles are the most damaging to your engine! Paper filters don’t even come close! Why trust your valued investment to a $2.00 paper filter?

Ok Have it ,Looks Nice , Clean Up Looks Easy ! 30 micron With a Bypass system Works For Me ! i Run My Trucks Hard,Some times we just do not have the time to Change out filters, with this drivers can clean filter any time ! We Run From Florida to Mexico (Deep) These trucks are run hard.
Will Let you Know About The Oil Report , From Paper Filter to Trufilter ! I Bet There is No Dif In The Oil Reports !

Best Regards,
Col.

Spoken like a true salesman, Seems if the drivers have the time to clean a filter, they ought to have the time to replace it.

Quote:

Spoken like a true salesman, Seems if the drivers have the time to clean a filter, they ought to have the time to replace it.

No Salesman Here, But Old maybe ! I Just Post The Facts !
Hey No Filters To Carry, No Mess to Clean Up ! OUTSTANDING For Our Enviroment Nothing to Discard . And They Filter Better then Paper ! What else do You Want ! Yep Forgot The Price, Well We Have them for the big 3 Ford GMC Dodge Diesel
i Can Sell Them Here For $100.00 Tru filter are $180-$200

Regards,
Col.

usa2.gif

No Salesman Here, But Old maybe ! I Just Post The Facts !
Hey No Filters To Carry, No Mess to Clean Up ! OUTSTANDING For Our Enviroment Nothing to Discard . And They Filter Better then Paper ! What else do You Want ! Yep Forgot The Price, Well We Have them for the big 3 Ford GM Dodge Diesel
i Can Sell Them Here For $100.00 Tru filter are $180-$200

Regards,
Col.

usa2.gif

Now you are absolutely right, no filter to carry, but they have to carry the cleaning "stuff" or have access to it on the road. And I don't think the Truck stop folks are going to like it one bit if they get caught cleaning a filter in the mens room. So the mess/environment part is not all that true you see because what ever was in the filter before cleaning has to end up somewhere in the environment. Besides where and how are they going to get the thing to dry out after it's cleaned? with the hand dryer in the mens room? use the air line out in the maintenance bay? I doubt that. Nope they're gonna slap that thing right back into the housing while it's full of rinsing product (water or solvent or whatever other magical stuff you have to use). Unless of course you are going to pay them to sit around and wait for it to dry. Oh you say they're going to Carry a spate element. How much is that? $50.00. Even at your price total cost of ownership ain't worth it. And I doubt if they filter better than an off the shelf semi-synthetic spin-on.

But have fun trying to sell them.
smile.gif

You Sound Angry ? I Myself Just Now Cleaned The Filter (are own) In My Drive way , Took Under 10 min , No Mess ,No Cleaners , Just a Rag To wipe It off, Banged It on The Side of The Box i Used Just Incase of a Oil Spill. at 100 Bucks a Filter That Will Last The Life of Your Truck And Out Filters a Paper Filter ? Well i Guess That Is Up To You. But If You Would Like To Try One i Will Trow in a extra Screen For NO CHARGE ! Also I Will Post The Lab Results When They Are Done
I Just Think There is a Better Filter Then Paper ! K&N Filters For my Dodge are Think Where Around 16 bucks ? Would Not Take Long For Our Filter To Pay For It Self !

Best Regards,
Col.

PS: The Deal i Stated is a Real Deal ! My Word You can Take To The Bank.

Quote:

You Sound Angry ? I Myself Just Now Cleaned The Filter (are own) In My Drive way , Took Under 10 min , No Mess ,No Cleaners , Just a Rag To wipe It off, Banged It on The Side of The Box i Used Just Incase of a Oil Spill. at 100 Bucks a Filter That Will Last The Life of Your Truck And Out Filters a Paper Filter ? Well i Guess That Is Up To You. But If You Would Like To Try One i Will Trow in a extra Screen For NO CHARGE ! Also I Will Post The Lab Results When They Are Done
I Just Think There is a Better Filter Then Paper ! K&N Filters For my Dodge are Think Where Around 16 bucks ? Would Not Take Long For Our Filter To Pay For It Self !

Best Regards,
Col.

PS: The Deal i Stated is a Real Deal ! My Word You can Take To The Bank.

I look forward to the UOA. I am very skeptical, but thanks for giving it a shot and posting the results in advance.

Thanx for the offer but I don't need the hassle of PROPERLY cleaning a wire mesh filter element. I find it hard to believe that it can be throughly cleaned with the wipe of a rag and a bang on a box. Now, 06VtecV6 might take you up on your offer. Might also help if you checked my profile and find out where I get my info from.
yawn.gif

Interesting concept, but too expensive for my blood. I just got 10 Toyota filters for my car for $35 bucks. That's about 40 filters for the price of one Trufilter.

I also wouldn't want the hassle of washing out the thing. Especially when I can just spin on a new one.

With the UOA, particle counts are needed to see how pathetic some mesh filters are. I'd think that any store brand or generic oil filter will yield better particle counts then the trufilter.

MICRON Game What #@$%! ! A micron is one thousandth of a millimeter. That’s approx. .00003937 inches. 35 microns is about .00138“, (just over one-thousandth of an inch). The lower limit of visibility to the human eye is about 40 microns. Pollens range from about 30 to 50 microns. A white blood cell is about 25 microns. At What Point do You Think you stop Filtering ??? Come On Engineers I Not Going To Give it Out .

Col.

1 micron = 0.00003937 inch
1 meter = 1,000,000 microns
The average off the shelf automotive oil filter will filter down to 10 microns (not absolute). Pall spin-on hydraulic oil filters are available down to .1 micron absolute. Their High pressure cartridge filters are available down to .01 microns. Now, just how small do you want to go?

30 micron, no way for me. I don't think I would rely on my bypass filter to do all the work when 100% of my oil is flowing through the full flow and only 10% is flowing though the bypass.

I'll take 15 microns absolute anyday. I'm only changing the filter once a year anyway.

Well, since it appears to be one Colonel to another, I suppose I can't order you to do a UOA, but the only way to tell for sure how well this works for you will be UOA, most preferrably with real particle counting (not the statistical spread kind). This would be a win-win thing for all of us. You'll get "sleep well at night" confirmation of whether your plan is working (or whether change is in order), and we'll all get some interesting educational value. Consider yourself strongly encouraged!
wink.gif
cheers.gif

Quote:

Well, since it appears to be one Colonel to another, I suppose I can't order you to do a UOA, but the only way to tell for sure how well this works for you will be UOA, most preferrably with real particle counting (not the statistical spread kind). This would be a win-win thing for all of us. You'll get "sleep well at night" confirmation of whether your plan is working (or whether change is in order), and we'll all get some interesting educational value. Consider yourself strongly encouraged!
wink.gif
cheers.gif

I Do Agree With You , We Will Look Into That ASAP ! And Will Get Back To You With The Report. I Myself Thinks the Micron Game is Nuts ,Try To Push dirty or clean oil trough a 10 micron or less screen or paper and see what happens ! Its a Big Nightmare trying to explane this .

Regards,
LT Col.Army

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back