Trailering with your car ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: friendly_jacek
There is no frigging way to get 25-27 mpg while towing like some people say here. I don't believe it.

I have towed motorcycles on a Harbor Freight folding trailer 3 times between Denver and NYC with my old '07 Nissan Altima 2.5 with a manual transmission. Each time I averaged between 27 and 32 mpg, depending on speed, tires used, and direction towing.

Just lock the transmission in top gear, lock the cruise control to 75, and drive 1700 miles either East or West, and you're good to go.

Now, if you were towing a 5x8 box trailer, then yes, your statement is a bit more accurate, though I'm sure someone with a diesel Jetta could easily do it.

BC.

"You can pay me now, or you can pay me later..."

I'd leave the car at home if you want it to have a long, trouble free life. Just my $.02.

Throw a trans cooler on the car and you're good to go.

Drop it into L to go up hills. It'll be revving a lot - but the duratec 30 won't get mad if it's winding on hills.

Originally Posted By: Bladecutter

Now, if you were towing a 5x8 box trailer, then yes, your statement is a bit more accurate, though I'm sure someone with a diesel Jetta could easily do it.

BC.

You are right, I was thinking more along the lines of large box trailer, boat or camper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back