Toyota RAV & Venza owners

When your TPMS light is on, do you loose Traction Control/Stability Control also?
* In other words, I want to put on winter/snows with their own wheels that have NO TPMS sensors in the wheels.
Will I loose Traction/Stability Control due to the TPMS light being illuminated?
There are incidents where(on older TOYOTA/LEXUS vehicles) that if there is a CEL, Traction/Stability Control is disabled, usually in a CEL/VSC light in the dash.

My experience says no, I don't believe TPMS disables anything. On the other hand the CEL will, as you've already mentioned. Good luck!

Last edited:
No. Since the mid-00s decade Toyota has disabled both cruise control and stability/traction control with the check engine light, but the TPMS system is separate from everything else.

There are tenuously legitimate reasons for disabling those systems due to a CEL, as the traction/stability systems retard ignition timing in many Toyota products in addition to activating the ABS system. The cruise control, I think, is just punitive to try to make you visit a dealer for the CEL.

Back