Toyota Pink SLLC in a Suzuki?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a 2007 Suzuki SX4 with a 2.0 aluminum engine with factory green coolant.

Suzuki released a TSB for the Aerio (same engine block) stating "It is recommended to us an Ethylene Glycol Phosphate coolant, mixed 50/50 with distilled water."

Since the Toyota Super LongLife Coolant (pink) is a similar OAT Phosphate based type like Suzuki recommends, will that work?

Reason I'm asking is the Toyota dealer is more accessible and I plan to do a complete flush and replacement to Toyota pink if that's a possible solution.

Last edited:
I would try Zerex G-05 instead. It is a hybrid organic acid technology based coolant that contains phosphates.

Toyota SLL PINK only comes premixed (therefore, you cannot do a flush), and it is VERY expensive, about $20/gal.

Thanks, but G-05 does contain some silicates too and Japanese OEMs tend to be silicate free.

I understand many BITOGers have tried G-05s in their Japanese vehicles without problems but so far I have nothing except OEM phosphate based coolant in my other Japanese vehicles (Subaru and Lexus).

Right. Sorry.
33.gif

I meant to say phosphates.

Either way, I think G-05 would work fine. But if you really want phosphates, you'll have to use one of the Toyota or Honda coolants. The PINK only comes premixed though, perhaps you could try the RED? That one contains phosphates but comes full-strength.

You might need to look into Peak Global, but the formulation does not contain Phosphates. Peak Global is a patented non 2-EH formula that is phosphate-free and silicate-free.

Peak Global is recommended for these applications
ANFOR 15-601
[censored] 6580 (British Standard)
Chrysler MS7170
Chrysler MS9769
Ford ESE-M97B44-A
Ford WSS-M97B44-D
Ford WSS-M97B51-A1
FVV HEFT R443 (Germany)
GM 1825M
GM 6277M (DEX-COOL® Spec)
JASO M325 (Japan)
JIS K 2234 (Japan)
SAE J1034
Mercedes Benz

Hmmm....I tried Peak Global in my Subaru about 4yrs ago and it started a seam leak between the plastic and aluminum joint of the radiator. Flushed and replaced with Subaru OEM coolant with conditioner and no leaks since.

Was Peak Global 2-EH based in the past?

Billy,

The local Toyota dealer is more accessible. Don't get me wrong, I will get the Suzuki OEM coolant (and some extra) if I cannot find a convincing replacement coolant.

I sighted the seam leak in the subaru within a week (~200 miles) of switching to Peak Global (after a flush).

Last edited:
If you decide to go with Toyota Coolant. You can flush your radiator and use Toyota Red coolant to reach the 50/50 mix, then do a drain and refill with the premixed Pink Coolant. That's what I did for my car. Both fluids are fully compatible from what I have heard. Then every two years do a drain and refill of the pink coolant.

Thanks Billy, sounds like a good plan and that way I can do a complete flush to switch out the OEM fill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back