Toyota oil filters : What company makes these ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
are they of good quality ? Got Toyota filter at dealer for $3.50 + tax.

Quote:

I believe Denso makes Toyota's oil filters.

Correct!
cheers.gif

The ones I have used all are by them.

Bill
patriot.gif

yup , went to dealer and looked at O.E.M. oil filter and has DENSO printed on it , made in Thailand too .

Dunno , but replaced AC Delco filter on PRIZM w/ TOYOTA filter and noticed the seal already had lubricant on it , no need to apply oil before screwing it on . Convenience , is a good thing .
smile.gif

Quote:

Denso uses a cardboard end cap, just like Fram.
smirk.gif

The Denso YDDZ3 (made in Thailand) I recently took apart had no endcap at all. Each pleat in the media was independently welded to itself to close the ends. The ADBV appeared to be quality as did the filter media. The bypass is a real quality piece of steel and plastic construction with a smooth action that was very consistant. The gasket is prelubed and has a unique round profile. The filters also come with plastic film to keep contaminants out during storage. This is the part number for the 4.7L V8 so inspect a filter for you application.

[image]http://forum.ih8mud.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=122822&stc=1&d=1172165776[/image]

From left to right ...
Toyota YDDZ3
Purolator Premium Plus L10241
Fram Extra Guard PH3614 (at least 5 years old)
SuperTech ST3614

Quote:

Isn't Denso a subsidiary of Toyota? Or is that Nippondenso?

Nippon Denso split from Toyota and makes parts for many Japanese cars. For instance, my Acura (Honda) uses some Denso parts, Toyo Roki parts, Sumitomo parts, etc. I'm not sure if they're technically considered Toyota since they separated from them back in 1949.

what vehicle are you using the longer YZZD3 oil filter for ? Is there a larger TOYO oil filter to be used in place of the 90915-YZZF2 (Corolla) , if so , what's the # ? Thanks

Quote:

what vehicle are you using the longer YZZD3 oil filter for ? Is there a larger TOYO oil filter to be used in place of the 90915-YZZF2 (Corolla) , if so , what's the # ? Thanks

I have a 2006 Lexus ES 330 which calls for YZZD1 but the YZZD3 fits in the space i have so i use that. You can get 90915-YZZF1 thats longer for a corolla.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back