Toyota 4cyl. OEM Filter - YZZA1 or YZZF1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any opinions on which Toyota 4cyl. OEM filter is better: the 90915-YZZA1 (USA) or 90915-YZZF1 (Thailand)?

Kreativ, I cut open both of these filters recently. It's debatable which one is better. It seems like Toyota is replacing the YZZA1 with the YZZF1 because my dealer changed over recently.

The YZZA1 pictures are in this link
http://theoildrop.server101.com/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=002853

I expect to have the YZZF1 pictures on BITOG next week. This design has a conventional pleat layout but, get this, no endcaps! The pleat ends are glued together at the tips. The F1 has a much better bypass and ADBV. Media quality and amount are about the same.

And by the way... the filters are different part numbers, different filters, both made for Toyota... what difference does the country of manufacture matter? I don't know why people on BITOG are so hung up on that! Design and quality, that's all that matters. I can build as good a filter in Thailand as I can in the US, just as I can build a really crappy filter in both places.

Not the same (at least the version I cut open). The YZZF1 does have the plastic covering on the end, but the internal design is pretty unusual... like I said, no end caps!? Pictures next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back