Difference in oil filters?

I’m looking to change my oil for first time in a 2022 Rav4 XLE hybrid. Which OEM filter is recommended and what’s the difference between these 3?

90915-YZZF1
90915-YZZF2
90915-YZZN1

I dont think it matters much oem, wix, or fram ultra and I dont know the differences in those filters.. are they even all available?

the important part..
How do you like your rav4 hybrid?

I dont think it matters much oem, wix, or fram ultra and I dont know the differences in those filters.. are they even all available?

the important part..
How do you like your rav4 hybrid?
They all are but May be old #? Love the rav4. Quiet, smooth and 44 mpg

I have bought an assortment of filters for a couple of my vehicles. Would weigh them. The heaviest was always the best.

oil filter.jpg

I'm using the 90915-YZZF2 in my 2020 RAV4. as I bought half dozen of them and have one left. There isn't a lot of room behind the filter so I don't know if a longer filter would fit easily. I'd stick with the same size as OEM.

I’m looking to change my oil for first time in a 2022 Rav4 XLE hybrid. Which OEM filter is recommended and what’s the difference between these 3?

90915-YZZF1
90915-YZZF2
90915-YZZN1
Welcome to the site!

I'm a bit curious ...
- where'd you get the info relating to those 3 filters for your application?
- do you not have the owner's manual, which should tell you what to use? (I doubt it lists three filters, does it?)

There won't be enough difference in engine life with the oil filter even if you put 500,000 + miles on the vehicle
Not so sure about that, unless you changed oil every 3,000 miles or less. Cleaner oil always means less wear is going on, and the longer you run the dirtier oil the more wear happens ... every study on engine wear will conclude that. You keep saying this, but never have anything technical like an SAE study or similar to back up this on-going claim.

Welcome to the site!

I'm a bit curious ...
- where'd you get the info relating to those 3 filters for your application?
- do you not have the owner's manual, which should tell you what to use? (I doubt it lists three filters, does it?)
I can’t find part # in manual. From
The sounds of it, all 3 of these filters would work as the F1 was the original, superseded by F2 and N1 very recently.

I would not assume that all three filters mentioned are interchangeable. You could get the filter at the dealer for your first change. Then you will know for sure.

Back