Tow Truck Hit & Run my wife's 2017 Rogue. It's totalled

It isn't a great time to shop for another Rogue-if that is what your wife likes. But you have insurance-with a possibility you might find who did it. It could be worse.

I'm going to assume the tow truck is probably owned by some "fly by night" outfit/individual and not a normal tow truck company. That would explain the "hit and run" situation.
Could be drugs/ intoxication so they didn't want to wait around. I'd call around body shops looking to see if a damaged tow truck shows up for repairs. Might be a good way to catch them.

Could be drugs/ intoxication so they didn't want to wait around. I'd call around body shops looking to see if a damaged tow truck shows up for repairs. Might be a good way to catch them.
Maybe. I have seen so many tow trucks already scuffed up it might be hard to tell the (new) damage.....

2. The driveway is adjacent to a large walnut tree that is dropping the walnuts right now, either by natural timing or assistance from local squirrels. These walnuts will at worst leave a dent, at average leave a stain on the paint, and at best roll off the car and you trip on them.
chainsaw.jpg

Bodyshop said it's done. Insurance is still waiting to respond. We have a 2023 GMC Terrain as a rental in the meantime. What a horrible time to shop for a replacement car. My wife really liked her Rogue.

Why? The car lots are FULL of cars.

I'd highly recommend your wife try another brand/model. Seriously. I don't know of anyone who likes a Rogue. I know everyone has a different opinion, but as I said, of all the people I know that have driven one (100% rental cars), every single person said they are the worst thing they have ever driven.

It’s very unpleasant and embarrassing too, but nobody gets hurt and we have to remember the car is just a rolling bin to reach from A to B.

[QUOTE="I Sucks that you have to get a new vehicle now but at least they did you a favor by helping rid you of your Nissan. :D
[/QUOTE]
I've had good service from my Nissan's. I do pay attention - per my BITOG oath- to maintenance and over-maintenance, so this Rogue had benefitted from CVT fluid changes like all my CVT Nissans. My wife loved her car, it only had 75k kilometres but it was perfectly reliable and fuel efficient. The replacement will be another Rogue from the 2021 to 2023 era.

Hate to see that, my family loves our Rogue. Very roomy, comfortable in every aspect, and 30+ mpg... zero issues in 90,000 miles. Our replacement for it would be another or Pathfinder.

I've had good service from my Nissan's. I do pay attention - per my BITOG oath- to maintenance and over-maintenance, so this Rogue had benefitted from CVT fluid changes like all my CVT Nissans. My wife loved her car, it only had 75k kilometres but it was perfectly reliable and fuel efficient. The replacement will be another Rogue from the 2021 to 2023 era.
The revised Rogues (2021+) are a nice upgrade from earlier Rogues.
If you want an alternative, we really like our 2019 RAV4 Hybrid. Easy to get to low 6L or high 5L/100kms in mixed driving. Avoid the gas only RAV4.

Why do you hate yourself? :(

I've seen a flatbed tow truck driving pretty mad once that nearly side swipe me as it veered into my lane at 80mph. Made me freaked out a bit. Happened during a late night driving so the guy must've been drunk.

Canada's a huge country. Why you park in the street overnight?

Ever watch TV shows made in Canada (some of the Holmes shows come to mind). The houses are so close together that neighbors can lean out the window and high five each other. You would think that the houses would be farther apart, since the snow has to go someplace. That can be a problem sometimes even in Baltimore. I would think that the spaces between these houses in Canada can potentially fill up with snow, and you could literally walk from rooftop to rooftop.

Ever watch TV shows made in Canada (some of the Holmes shows come to mind). The houses are so close together that neighbors can lean out the window and high five each other. You would think that the houses would be farther apart, since the snow has to go someplace. That can be a problem sometimes even in Baltimore. I would think that the spaces between these houses in Canada can potentially fill up with snow, and you could literally walk from rooftop to rooftop.
As someone said, Canada is a very big country. Many Canadian TV shows are set in Toronto (where there are small lots in many neighbourhoods and snow).

In my neighbourhood (west coast) most lots are 1/2 acre. We only get enough snow to shovel once a year or so. I shovel for old times sake but if you wait a day or two it'll melt.

There's not much snow in many parts of the prairies. Enough to shovel and make a pile though.

I'm told that in St John's Newfoundland the snow gets so deep that some people make a tunnel from the sidewalk to the front door. I suppose that keeps the shoveling down.

Are you seriously victim blaming someone who's parked car was the victim of a hit and run?
Why?
Why are you accusing me after all I did was ask a question? If I was victim blaming, I'd have said "it's your own dumb fault for parking in the street at night"....but I didn't.

To me OPs situation falls in the bucket labeled "just because you can, doesn't mean you should"...

Back