Tom Brady

Maybe a tiny bit of every notion, assumption, thought and question expressed here so far is involved?

Perhaps the playing schedule breaks his time up perfectly?
Maybe arriving back home is a spice-of-life not mentioned?
Maybe leaving for work provides the perfect amount of absence (to make the whatever grow fonder)?
Maybe playing feeds something within him such as ego or satisfaction.
Tsall too complex.

Me personally? All I can think of against the backdrop of anyone's active life is that there may be a statistically increasing chance of injury which comes with time. As said, it's all on his plate.

I GOT IT! Ask HIM.

Brady's a lucky guy, either way, if Giselle divorces him or not. He has always seemed like a class act, and he has a sweet BIG $ color job waiting for him when he hangs it up-we should all be so lucky. He'll be fine.

Reactions: JC1
Being from New England and suffering our previous "best" years of Irving Fryar and Steve Grogan it has been an incredible ride with Tommy Terrific. I love him on the field and appreciated his demeanor for 20 years. Then the move to TB. Understandable and hey it worked out great. I was even at the TB v Bills game last December in TB. Excellent game and all TB with yet another last-minute come back in an OT win.

I don't think "we" fans quite get the played like Tommy Terrific or a Kobe type or Eli for that matter. These guys have a discipline that mere mortals can only dream of achieving. Guys like them are married to the game first. I have 100% respect for that. But I also noticed TB pushing more products as he was on that road to retirement. I did not like it and IMHO he is no special guy with pixie dust selling me items. Loved Drew Breese on the field but sorry pal, you stink as a commentator. Same feeling toward TB. Should have remained retired.

Donald: Short answer, yes he should have remained retired BUT football is all he really knows, loves, is wired for. His mindset is not one the average fan can comprehend. He's not chasing $$ he is chasing immortality.

IMHO TB needs to link up with his friend Tony Robbins to deal with how to gracefully move onto retirement and a new discipline regime.

Tom should have retired after last season.
Now, I'm not saying to stop working in your mid 40s, I'm just saying to go out on top. This season may not be as "on top" as it could be.
Not just "on top" in football(GOAT) but on top with those you love & love you back.
Also, IDK what it's like to give up MILLION$ / year. I just don't have any frikken idea what that's like.

Well, based upon his press conference appearances of late, I can tell Giselle isn't feeding Tom - every notice how gaunt he looks? Especially in his face...

Incredible that this season the elder QBs in the league are struggling - Brady Rodgers, Ryan, and yes, I'll throw in Wilson, too, despite being many years younger than those I've mentioned.
It's plastic surgery.

I have the feeling there is a lot more to that story than we know.
+1

But with that said I still think it is a case of "I can always be better and do more/make more money" like a lot of people have. It's the same drive that gives them and many other people that competitive edge, but it is also a mental illness because they can't stop or give it up. He is more likely to get severe brain damage than break more records, all while destroying his marriage.

He'll buy a NASCAR team and become a two-sport guy like Joe Gibbs.

1666875544191.jpg

Being from New England and suffering our previous "best" years of Irving Fryar and Steve Grogan it has been an incredible ride with Tommy Terrific. I love him on the field and appreciated his demeanor for 20 years. Then the move to TB. Understandable and hey it worked out great. I was even at the TB v Bills game last December in TB. Excellent game and all TB with yet another last-minute come back in an OT win.

I don't think "we" fans quite get the played like Tommy Terrific or a Kobe type or Eli for that matter. These guys have a discipline that mere mortals can only dream of achieving. Guys like them are married to the game first. I have 100% respect for that. But I also noticed TB pushing more products as he was on that road to retirement. I did not like it and IMHO he is no special guy with pixie dust selling me items. Loved Drew Breese on the field but sorry pal, you stink as a commentator. Same feeling toward TB. Should have remained retired.

Donald: Short answer, yes he should have remained retired BUT football is all he really knows, loves, is wired for. His mindset is not one the average fan can comprehend. He's not chasing $$ he is chasing immortality.

IMHO TB needs to link up with his friend Tony Robbins to deal with how to gracefully move onto retirement and a new discipline regime.
It was an amazing 20 years. Spent many summers down there at training camp watching TB and the Pats (and countless regular season games). He seems like a different person now than the day he walked into New England back in 2000, but I guess that's life. Heck, I'm a different person now too.

I played D-I football in college, what they now call FBS, at a Power 5 school that is in the top 10 in all time wins. Suffice it to say, a household name.

There's no way I would have wanted to play football into my late 30s, let alone my 40s. I admire Tom for playing so long but I really think it's time to hang it up. He lead the league in passing last year, it would have been a good time to go out on top in at least one metric, even if it wasn't a Super Bowl.

I would hate for him to go downhill the way Peyton Manning did in his last couple of years. Manning could barely throw it downfield anymore.

Tom Brady has had an incredible career; local boy made good. I just think we put way to much emphasis on professional sports. Including me.
People's time can be much better spent.

In the 7 games so far this season he has a total of 8 TD passes and negative 6 yards rushing.

Back