Tire Recommendation for '02 Accord

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have only ever rotated my tires front to back. Ive had 2 jeeps prior to my 07 mazda6, 1 ran the Michelin LTX A/S for 65k on one and the other had LTX M/S that went 75k. I see no benefit in cross rotating tires. When I replace the stockers on my 6 they will definitely be something directional.

I wasn't looking for input on directional vs. non-directional tires. I was looking for input on the 6 listed tires & maybe some that I might have missed similar to what novaracer69 provided.

What about the Goodyear Comfortred. I just got 70K about a set. Very quiet and comfortable tire. Also made on Gadsden, AL. (near you?)

Well, the ContiProContacts are OEM on my 07 Passat. The Michelin Energy's were OEM on my 02 Passat. The Energy's definitely gave long tread wear, but gripwise, they were horrible. I had serious torque steer on a manual tranny front wheel drive that only produced 170HP. Not good. The tires still had good tread at 38,000, but I just couldn't live with them anymore. Replaced them with Bridgestone Potenza G009's, the torque steered disappeared, even on wet roads. And I couldn't believe the reduction in understeering....it felt almost like a new car. I don't know if the Michelins were that bad or the G009s were that good.

The ContiProtacts on my 07 seem like decent tires. But I really don't have anything else to compare them to because I haven't had any other tires on this car. And comparing them to the G009s on my 02 would be unfair because the 07 Passat is far more advanced and handles more like a sports sedan than a family car (like the 02). However, I was able to get the Contis' to break lose going on a circular off ramp the other day. I really pushed it to see what it can do and the ASR lights started flashing before the car felt like it should lose control. I was never able to get the G009s to break lose, but again, it was on an inferior chasis.

Gadsden is near me, & I used to work with a guy's wife that worked in that plant. My current Dunlop tires were made in Union City(?), TN.

VeeDubb,
Thanks for the good reply. I am planning on purchasing the Bridgestone Turanza LS-H from TireRack as they are on closeout. Anyone know if they will eventually reduce the price from $106/tire to move them out the door. I've been waiting since the beginning of the month but no price reduction yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back