tire rack.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tire rack is good for custom tires since you are already likely to have access to mounting/balancing gear or know a guy who will do that stuff for you. But if you want tires for your daily driver and/or work truck, just get them locally and you'll be supporting your local economy
smile.gif

I've also heard people complain they received tires that were over 1 year old (ie. sitting in the warehouse collecting dust) - of course that can happen to anyone as not all tires sell quickly, even at local shops.

Originally Posted By: Indydriver
Originally Posted By: Astro14
and quite a few sets of brake pads/rotors.

Just curious if you're buying Hawk and your experience with them.

I've used the Hawk SUV pads from TR...they wear out in about 50 - 60K on the 4 Runner, but it eats front pads anyway...they seem to have about the same bite as the OE, no better, no worse...that truck has about the worst brakes of anything I've ever owned, seriously, after SS brakes lines, larger master, and new calipers, rotors, pads, drums and shoes, they're not much better than the Packard, which has cable-operated drums and stops almost as quickly...

I've bought 3 sets of Akebono Euro Ceramics (T5, XC and the MB), put them on all 4 wheels on those cars and love them. As good or better bite, long, long life and zero dust! I've got 60K on the XC with those pads and they are at about 50% of original thickness...so, 100K on front brake pads? Yep!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back